new afc champion poll

AFC wildcard is over, now who wins the conference?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
black and gold by 8, indy ? just black and blue!

maybe MAMA McNABB will give em some chunky soup to make em feel better..... LOL

Perhaps the Colts will be just like the Pittsburgh teams of the past - dominate during the regular season and fall apart in the playoffs. Payton hasn't had the greatest success in post season play. The Colts should count their blessings that they get to play at home this year. I really think this is going to be a great game - maybe the best game of the weekend. The Steelers learned a lot from the last time they played at the RCA Center.

cdru said:
Which will you be more embarased by: When Indy doesn't get injured? Or when Indy wins?

i wont be embarrassed at all, disappointed,yes!

its a game , its football. ben is young, ill look forward to training camp, thats all.

i will promise you guys one thing, i dont monday morning quarterback! no excuses out of me.

and im hoping for the same if they win.

dragon002 said:
i will promise you guys one thing, i dont monday morning quarterback! no excuses out of me.

No way. I have my excuses ready to go.

1. The sound crew was artificially boosting crowd noise
2. The refs blew too many calls (on both teams)

I'll think of some more before Sunday :D

dragon002 said:
i wont be embarrassed at all, disappointed,yes!
its a game , its football. ben is young, ill look forward to training camp, thats all.

That is refreshing to hear a Steeler fan say no excuses that usually does not happen.

Hart5150 said:
That is refreshing to hear a Steeler fan say no excuses that usually does not happen.

After choking repeatedly in the playoffs for the past 12-15 years, I think the problem is we're just running out of them. ;)

rjc3895 said:

How about this one, to quote Chad Johnson:

"The league wants to see an Indianapolis-New England AFC Championship game." :D

rjc3895 said:
Here is another one: Indy outthinks their opponents instead of playing smashmouth football.

From this FoxSports article:
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Joey Porter can talk all he wants, but the Indianapolis Colts aren't about to get into a shouting match with the Pittsburgh linebacker.

On Wednesday, Porter criticized the Colts for playing "soft" in their first meeting this season and challenged them to play smash-mouth football in Sunday's divisional playoff game.

Porter was highly critical of Indy because he apparently feels Indy tries to outthink its opponents rather than adopt a more physical style of play — like Pittsburgh's.

On Thursday, Colts players responded quietly, letting the usually stoic Tony Dungy handle it.

"I'm going to have to go back and watch the tape again after what Joey Porter said because I guess I didn't see it the same way he did," Dungy said Thursday as he held a yellow videotape in his hand. "But I don't think you can beat Pittsburgh without being a tough team."

Story continues...

What a crybaby
crybaby7io.gif

I agree. I'm a huge Steelers fan, but I think Porter needs another bullet in the butt. Why add fuel to the fire? There won't be a lot of Steeler fans in the crowd to begin with, and the Steelers will have their hands full dealing with the Indy offense. The Steelers D must play a flawless game (no dumb 15 yard penalties after stopping the oppenent on third downs).

We talked about his stupid comment during our afternoon break at work. The only thing we could think of him making that comment and Big Ben's comment "It’s going to take our A-plus game for us to go out and beat their B-minus game.” is that they are trying to lull Indy into being over confident. I don't think that strategy is going to work, but if they want to keep putting down their team, they can go ahead I guess.

the steelers D will be fine, the run will be shut down, on indys side.

it all depends ,on the steelers secondary , if they are on, we'll win

one major ???? mark being asked on the burghs talk radio, and i am serious!! will his sister eli be there to cheer him on??

LOL guys,,, well see on sunday!! we will see.

Last edited:
Who has the experience, the browncos? Last time I watched Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown try to get to Tom Brady I damn near fell asleep...I believe the final score was 9-6...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What's the big deal about indy pumping in sound anyways? Makes sense, who in their right mind is any indy fan? EVERY other team in the league has fans in every city except indy. For such a good team they sure come off lame...Maybe a uniform upgrade is in order, it's not 1967 anymore...Reminds me of those 80's patriot uniforms...C'mon indy, join us in 2006 next year...

And that dome is lame-o too...everything about that team is lame right down to it's goober QB that nobody cares about...If they made it to the superbowl it may be the lowest rated SB ever...

BrianMis said:
This isn't going to happen, the Pats peaked last year and I'm gong to be surprised to all heck if they get past Denver.
Pittsburgh owns the AFC right now, and they are going to prove it on Sunday.

My predictions:

AFC Divisional Round:
Pittsburgh over Indy by 7
Denver over New England by 14

AFC Championship Game:
Pittsburgh over Devner by 10

Eventhough I quoted myself, I called this one right on the money. :)

who is going to the superbowl from the AFC?

<<Paging Goaliebob>>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)