new app added this morning World Cup Soccer

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
CHECK OUT THE NEW APP THIS MORNING IT IS WORLD CUP FROM BRAZIL.

Thanks

Allen bluegras
Illinois

The Summer Olympics are slightly over 2 years from now. If they take them away from Rio, they will have to cancel them and wait for Tokyo in 2020. There just isn't enough time set up a new venue. I guess they could bring them back to a recent venue but I don't see that happening either....

I hope Brazil does a good job on the World Soccer matches or they may lose the Summer Olympics.
You realize the Olympics are planned, organized and worked on years in advance, right ? Japan is already working on the Olympics for when they'll be held there .... in 2020 ! As Bobby says, with it being there in two years, unless there's something catastrophic (war, natural disaster, etc), it ain't moving.

Reactions: GaryPen
When does the World Cup start, and on which channels? I'm gonna need to tune our employee cafeteria displays into the games. Our diverse workforce will no doubt want to keep abreast of such important and interesting games as Uruguay vs East Timor and Cameroon vs Montenegro.

When does the World Cup start, and on which channels? I'm gonna need to tune our employee cafeteria displays into the games. Our diverse workforce will no doubt want to keep abreast of such important and interesting games as Uruguay vs East Timor and Cameroon vs Montenegro.

Are you mocking the World Cup? If so that's fine, I know most of us Americans dislike the sport but I grew up playing it and love it. The games start tomorrow. Looks like 2pm central on ESPN. The ESPN family of channels will be carrying all the games.

Reactions: satjay
Satire or straight....either way I laughed.

If those are the teams his employees are actually cheering for then I'd say he does indeed have a diverse group there.
Yes, indeed. If it weren't for football, I'd be very unfamiliar with those countries other than Uruguay. I can't tell you where East Timor is, but I'll guess SE Asia, Cameroon I know is in Africa and I think Montenegro is in Central or South America.

As many of you know, I have spent a good deal of time in Germany. The Germans, like the rest of the world, are exuberant fans of football. I started watching Bayern Munich play and found, after I understood the rules, that I really enjoyed this game. There are those that call it a sissies game. I say to those people, try running your ass off for 90 minutes and tell me about it.... ;)

I played soccer for most of my childhood and loved it. It's more running than you'll do in any other sport besides track. For some reason I've really only enjoyed watching the international teams play. I never got much excitement from watching MLS and some of the European leagues are ok but nothing beats the talent level of the National teams.

American football has about 15 minutes of actual time spent "playing". Basketball seems to have changed into a game where fouling and calling timeouts are the most common thing done. In both sports, it seems as though the TV networks have a bit too much influence.

Timeouts in football (soccer) are added on to the end of each half. Get hurt, as long as you're not in the way, play continues!

There are those that call it a sissies game. I say to those people, try running your ass off for 90 minutes and tell me about it.... ;)
I don't find it a sissies game at all. I just find it boring. The field is too big, so it takes too long to get from one end to the other.

Indoor soccer was pretty exciting. But, it never took off. Non-Americans hated it because it was an abomination to their beloved game. And, Americans didn't like it because it was still soccer.

Yes, indeed. If it weren't for football, I'd be very unfamiliar with those countries other than Uruguay. I can't tell you where East Timor is, but I'll guess SE Asia, Cameroon I know is in Africa and I think Montenegro is in Central or South America.
East Timor is an island south of Indonesia & Montenegro used to be part of Yugoslavia. Neither of the two are in the World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)