Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
How do I go about getting FTA?
What is it all about?
How many channels will I get?
I want it! Help please,I know nothing about it.

How do I go about getting FTA?
What is it all about?
How many channels will I get?
I want it! Help please,I know nothing about it.
FTA is any broadcast that you can receive without decryption. FTA is usually on the C or KU bands. The C band requires a dish that is 6 feet or more in diameter. The KU band requires a 30" or larger dish. KU is the more popular band these days. Take a look at FTAList.com - The easy list of North American free-to-air TV channels - you will see most of the channels that are available. You will note that there are many different language broadcasts. Each satellite is in geosynchronous orbit, meaning they rotate at the same speed as the earth, such that they appear stationary to us. This allows a dish to be aimed at and permanently positioned for a particular satellite.
Look at SatelliteAV.com (click the link at the top of the page) for one of their systems. You would get a very nice system for around $200. If you want to aim at different satellites then consider a dual LNBF system or a dish motor. I would suggest that for starters you set up a system without a motor. Motors are fun when they are setup and work properly, but can be very frustrating for a newbe.
Keep asking questions - we are all here to help.
Bob

Last edited:
His signature explains why he's posted so much but doesn't know a lot about fta..

Directv HR-20 and Vip622- Sony KDL-52XBR2
Directv D-10/and Vip622- Sony KV32-FS13
Directv H-20/and Vip211- Philips 37-PF7321D

Directv customer since 6/6/2003
Dishnetwork customer since 7/4/2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts