new AU9 SL 3 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the H24 is supposed to be mpeg 2 enabled for standard definition as well......I have the basic D* subscription w/ locals. when i scan the channel list, i get the channels in the 70's and 90's, 604 (pursuit channel), some spanish channels, no standard locals and not high def channels.

Have you actually activated the recvr yet ?

While we're at it, we've established the BBC is for changing the band widith to HD quality for the receiver. Bad BBC / No HD. but why would i not get standard definition locals ?

Have you switched the box over to show the SD locals? This would cause them to not even be shown and having a bad BBC (just my .2, I'm leaning with texasbrit and saying it's prolly the BBC) would cause more than likely the locals in HD to show searching for signal.

Getting back with jumbo and hutch. The receiver was activated the day of the first attempted install. Is there a way to switch the receiver to show standard locals instead of Hd? Or both?

It's in the menu, maybe under display? I'm not home to be able to check myself.

Yes, hd duplicate channels can be hidden.....under "display" portion of settings. Found it un the h24 manual.

Problem cured

Gentlemen, The ice Storm in Georgia gave me a day off to resolve my dish issue. I replaced the bbc. No change in 99 or 103 ca or cb sats. No signal in either. Changed out brand new lnb for another new lnb. eureka. Initial signal strength in the 30's. Quickly dialed in 90's on the 103 ca, cb and 99. I've spent countless hours due a faulty lnb from the start. Folks should know that 771 error message can send you in a multitude or directions. I want to thank everyone that helped me get up and running.

I'm glad you got it fixed. As you discovered, troubleshooting can be difficult.

That's a very unusual LNB issue. It means something in the LNB electronics was not processing b-band (103cb and 99) correctly but was OK with the a-band (103ca).

Gentlemen, The ice Storm in Georgia gave me a day off to resolve my dish issue. I replaced the bbc. No change in 99 or 103 ca or cb sats. No signal in either. Changed out brand new lnb for another new lnb. eureka. Initial signal strength in the 30's. Quickly dialed in 90's on the 103 ca, cb and 99. I've spent countless hours due a faulty lnb from the start. Folks should know that 771 error message can send you in a multitude or directions. I want to thank everyone that helped me get up and running.

Glad your up and running ...
Next step ....... HD. !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBCSN in free preview for Olympics?

$50 Rebate on Showtime (order by 3/15 - must subscribe for 3 months)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)