New BEV Footprints?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

2k1Toaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok, I am learning more and more about this every day now. :)

I have been reading like a mad dog, and sent emails to people and I have lots of advice. Problem is, it is very contradictory.

My question is "Will BEV Signal get to Colorado?" (Specifically southern Colorado Springs, CO)

I have seen the footprints of Nimiq1 and Nimiq2 and they look fine. I am within the east/west constraints as well as the southern constraint.

However I have read about Nimiq3 and now Nimiq4 (or soon will be 4, and is 4iR or something), that they posistioned right below the Nimiq 1 and 2 to strengthen the Canadian signal, but in doing so, they blocked out the US strength...

Some of the people I have emailed said that BEV cuts out way north of Colorado now. However I have also heard that it works all the way down to Pheonix, AZ, US... That is a pretty big margin of error, so it becomes a little confusing.

All of the footprint maps I see are prior to 2004, which is I think when the Nimiq3/4iR blocked parts, so I am not sure how current this info I am finding is.

I really like BEV programming, but Starchoice seems more setupproof in the states. And since I just found out I cannot rent down here and will have to purchase all this proprietary hardware, I would like to not buy everything twice.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm in Denver and receive Bell Expressvu just fine. 91 comes in good with a 20" dish. I upgraded to a 30" for the 82 sat since that signal is lower. You only need access to 82 for HD.

How low is "lower"? Low enough to not be able to watch? I would prefer HD, as well as french programming and when I sign up I will get the standard 20" dish... Will this not be sufficient to receive 82deg?

And if I just use the 1 dish, can I get a strong enough signal from both sats at 1 time? My understanding is that you point in the middle? Is that correct? I will be having a contractor install it for me, not sure how much info they need...

I get 82 in Las Vegas on a 20" dish. There are some transponders on 82 that I cannot get, though. I do get all the HD channels. If I didn't, I would cancel.

You wouldnt happen to subscribe to any French language channels would you? I think Vegas is a good 300km-400km south of me, so that is really great news. I think that no matter what I will be going with BEV now. Thankyou kindly. I can always use IPTV for my news direct from Paris. :)

You wouldnt happen to subscribe to any French language channels would you? I think Vegas is a good 300km-400km south of me, so that is really great news. I think that no matter what I will be going with BEV now. Thankyou kindly. I can always use IPTV for my news direct from Paris. :)

Nope. No french channels for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)