RG6 - that important

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I was at a friends place in Canada last month... I thought I fixed the issue - but guess not..need advice before I go further

Setup = 1 dish with dual ported LNB, RG75 cable...cables from roof, to basement and then back to rooms... , two receivers...

symptoms... both receivers plugged in - one upstairs not working...

what I did when I was there: -powered both off and reconnected all cables... everything came in on both receivers...

what I got a call a week later on: now the receiver downstairs downstairs does not work ?

So... does RG75 cause issues with 18/13 volt (ground looping), or is one receiver acting up ? or is the LNB doing something weird like leaking volts across and taking down one receiver...

BTW... after power off and reconnect, and switching receivers - based on phone call... the problem followed the cable... IE>.. the upstairs works on the other receiver...

Another point: called Bell Express - they are %$^&#$*& .... they said - its an installation issue and they do not handle that problem... my friend ended up trying to escalate on the phone - and have to hang up on them... they do NOT take care of their customers... shame... I know if they were new... they would not get that treatment... my Dad hates them too by the way... but he has found a high up friend in Bell to help him... my friend has no such luck..

Any ideas on the issue ? cable, ground loop ? LNB leaking ?

thought it wa s75 - maybe 59 sure... the lengths are 100 feet on both ?

thought it wa s75 - maybe 59 sure... the lengths are 100 feet on both ?
100' of RG59 will have big problems with drops in voltage.
At that distance, with that same a gage, who will get a voltage drop big enough to affect the Lnb.

If using legacy (non DishPro) equipment, you're only supposed to go a max of 100' when using RG6 (which is a thicker strand of copper). I would definitely run new lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)