New BEV MPEG4 Receivers

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
BEV will have new MPEG4 Receivers available on October 24th.

The 9242 HD PVR Plus with up to 200 standard definition (SD) hours or up to 30 high definition (HD) hours.

Yup and from what i've read on another forum, a BEV technician said to a customer that Bell will exchange ALL HD receivers for brand new MPEG 4, in rental or if the customers has purchase his receivers.

The date for this is March 2008 (same time when Nimiq 4 will be launched ?)

Personnaly i don't think Bell will exchange all receivers, it could be a "financial suicide".

For my part i rent a 9200 so i probably call Bell to get the new 9242.

Rumors to the left of me
Rumors to the right of me
Rumors in front of me
Rumors behind me
Rumors thou valley thunder
Rumors Rumors Rumors

I want facts not Rumors, and until BEV actuals comes out and says it themselfs in a Public Realeased Statement to the media & public no exchange will happem.

Rumors are right. Digital Home Canada has been predicting MPEG4 receivers for over a year, and has missed several dates that have been predicted there. :rolleyes:

Its not a rumor, however these receivers were supposed to start being available back in September.

From what I am hearing if the customer wants the new HD offerings which will only be in MPEG4 they will need to PAY to upgrade their receivers. ExpressVU is not going to swap everyone out for free.

I'm surprised its black and not silver like the 9200.

The one thats going to replace the 6100 I think its the 722 VIP or something like that, will it be black too?

The big rumor going around on digital home canada is that Bell will do a swapout.
I doubt that will happen, as Bell has never swapped anything out before. They'll probably do like Dish did to get people to upgrade.
So I'll be stuck with my 9200 (942) until the bitter end. Refuse to go to a rental plan as it's $25/month for an HD DVR rental. :eek:

The big rumor going around on digital home canada is that Bell will do a swapout.
I doubt that will happen, as Bell has never swapped anything out before. They'll probably do like Dish did to get people to upgrade.
So I'll be stuck with my 9200 (942) until the bitter end. Refuse to go to a rental plan as it's $25/month for an HD DVR rental. :eek:

Not necessarily true. When I got BEV back in May 1999 and they finally did rtheir repoint to N1
1) I never payed for the repoint this was done & payed for by BEV
2) the exchanged the LNB to another one that all subs had.
3) the upgrade to a dual sat, some subs(that qualified)dot a new dish and was payed for by BEV.

Now I'm not saying BEV will do a receiver for receiver exchange, they may, they may not, we'll have to waut and se what happens.

I'm not sure, did SC do a 'free' exchange for the 8SPK up grade for their receivers?

I see BEV more likely to offer some type of "rebate" off the 9242 for the 9200. Probally something like $100-$200 off the 9242.

Not necessarily true. When I got BEV back in May 1999 and they finally did rtheir repoint to N1
1) I never payed for the repoint this was done & payed for by BEV
2) the exchanged the LNB to another one that all subs had.
3) the upgrade to a dual sat, some subs(that qualified)dot a new dish and was payed for by BEV.
Tom
the first two things are moot. When EVu moved from 118.7 to 91 and switched from linear to circular polarity, they HAD to move and swap out the LNB...or you would get nothing. Why should a customer pay for that?

point 3 I know when they moved the "local locals" to N2 they were doing free upgrades for people in those areas.

If its a forced swapout then ExpressVu will have to foot the bill or lose their subs to the other provider up there. If its an optional swapout then that is different. You can't force your subscriberbase to pay to swap out the hardware when its forced upon them. Same goes for Dish or DirecTv.

Tom
the first two things are moot. When EVu moved from 118.7 to 91 and switched from linear to circular polarity, they HAD to move and swap out the LNB...or you would get nothing. Why should a customer pay for that?

point 3 I know when they moved the "local locals" to N2 they were doing free upgrades for people in those areas.

Ande the ethnics too. I actually quallified for a fre upgrade but opted to buy another 24" dish for 82 and payed to getit installed.Fromm what I gathered was they came to your house took away your present dish and installed the 20" dish NO THANKS.
Anyway thats all moot now since I no longer have BEV and the two dishes are now pointed at Dish Net.

Like I said I don;t know if BEV wil do a swap but if they put all their HD to MPEG4 then I se trouble coming. If they just put the new HD channels then thats a different sytory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)