new boxes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

3d1r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
cal
is there anything new and cheap for free ota satellite set ups???? 100 bucks is too much..

Welcome to SatelliteGuys @3dr1.

What kind of FTA are you after?
You also mention OTA, which usually refers to terrestrial signals via a standard TV antenna.
Are you wanting OTA also, or just FTA via Satellite. You can find sub $100 dollar boxes on eBay, I see new ones pop all the time.
Most of the time they are not "New", just same box with a different name slapped on it.
I would stay away from 99% of those though, because most have no NA support and usually are not well suited for true FTA.

X2 stuff is ok, v8,v7 ect however those boxes are not licensed for certain things here the United States.

i want free satellite dish and receiver...I have a 28 inch Blue Sky dish....just want some free tv.... I am dumping Dish ...that company embodies
everything that sucks in America..

The Blue Sky (Excede) dish will be small for FTA, so even with the appropriate LNBF change, many channels will not come in. Consider a more appropriate size dish/LNBF combination like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Inch-90-cm-Free-To-Air-FTA-Satellite-Dish-HD-LNBF-/122007810338

You might find free or cheap FTA gear on Craigslist, but be sure that the recever is MPEG4 DVBS2 receiver and not the older MPEG2 DVBS type and the dish size to be at least 36" with a linear type LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts