Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jason S

Ordinary Average Guy...
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2014
North Central Texas
V0104 update available at the Manhattan website:http://www.manhattan-digital.net/

According to website, allows automatic updates through wired/wireless connections. Once V0104 is installed, then current version V0105 can be installed.

Edit: I had to use the following options...
Section: All
File Path: 'select' GX6622_MAN_V0104_0223.bin

THEN hit 'Okay' and update should start. It takes a minute and then receiver reboots.

For WIFI connections: Go back to Menu and then Network Settings, if you know your info you can input all the static connections. I selected DHCP then hit 'Scan', brought up our home WIFI - entered password and it connected.

Once connected to internet: Go to 'Utility' and select 'Network Upgrade' to get the remainder of the upgrade started...

Last edited:
Just a quick note.

Got the USB upgrade complete. Wireless update took several attempts and then was successful. Apparently the update scrubbed all the previously scanned transponders and channels.

So maybe should've done a backup...

EDIT: Have to input WIFI information again after update.

Reactions: KE4EST
Thanks for the quick note. I will try this tomorrow.

Reactions: Jason S
Ok changed my mind.
Downloaded 104 and put on a USB flash drive I use for several of these receivers not a new clean stick.
Upgrade went well.
Then went to and see network upgrade is in there now.
That went the first go on a LAN connection and really really fast I might add.
Right now it is installing 105.

Don't cut off the power eh! :)

6a00d83452033569e2017ee61f7eea970d-600wi

Reactions: KE4EST
I'm wondering if the motor control items that Titanium wrote about in the thread I started about this receiver are addressed in this firmware release??

Reactions: FTA4PA
I'm wondering if the motor control items that Titanium wrote about in the thread I started about this receiver are addressed in this firmware release??

I think it's better and a step in the right direction.

Without having done a backup before V0104/V0105 update had to go back and start over. Started at 139W C-band and worked east up to 125W for a trial. After scanning in these satellites, got out of the setup menus.

The channel select menus didn't appear changed. However, whenever the 'Yellow' button on the remote control is pushed - it brought up the screen in the photo below.
image1.JPG

This screen is similar to whenever the 'SAT' button is selected on other receivers. The desired satellite can be selected from this screen, press 'OK' and then the dish mover activates (Satellite names and not positions are pre-programmed in receiver). This function was not observed prior to this update.

The main setup menus in the receiver appear to be the same as previous. Diseqc positions still automatic by sequence programmed, instead of inputting the position number. Picture clarity, even viewed on an old Sony, is still great.

There's also a post from back in January with some photos and observations on the receiver.

I think it's better and a step in the right direction.

Without having done a backup before V0104/V0105 update had to go back and start over. Started at 139W C-band and worked east up to 125W for a trial. After scanning in these satellites, got out of the setup menus.

The channel select menus didn't appear changed. However, whenever the 'Yellow' button on the remote control is pushed - it brought up the screen in the photo below.
View attachment 124971

This screen is similar to whenever the 'SAT' button is selected on other receivers. The desired satellite can be selected from this screen, press 'OK' and then the dish mover activates (Satellite names and not positions are pre-programmed in receiver). This function was not observed prior to this update.

The main setup menus in the receiver appear to be the same as previous. Diseqc positions still automatic by sequence programmed, instead of inputting the position number. Picture clarity, even viewed on an old Sony, is still great.

There's also a post from back in January with some photos and observations on the receiver.
Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear the diseqc positions are still assigned automatically. :( Guess I will hold off for now and see what the next firmware brings. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear the diseqc positions are still assigned automatically. :( Guess I will hold off for now and see what the next firmware brings. :rolleyes:

Yup, I'm sorry also??? I'm going to replace TWO receivers and like you I WON'T be replacing them with these 1978s if the DiseqC 1.2 automatically does this. I've got 3 BUD systems and about 6 receivers now and I'm not about to spend a couple of weeks making all of them work with this one?? :(:(

Reactions: FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts