New C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A c-band only orthomode feedhorn isn't all that pricy compared to a c-band and ku orthomode feedhorn. $80 c only - $350 c and ku

But, if you buy everything brand-new, feedhorn, 4 Norsat lnb's, and a modifiable switch you are looking at around at least $500.00. That would give you the ultimate c and ku performance. You will never match the performance of an orthomode with a $40 dual c/ku lnbf
With the PLL LNBs as pictured, that setup retails at $1200 :eek: But before you go off the deep end and buy one of those feedhorns, consider this. The Winegard is a very deep dish. The Bullseye II feedhorn is not matched for that F/D ratio (It doesn't see the whole dish) There are some modifications you could do to the feedhorn to improve the performance. Described in this thread.... http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/171565-Dual-orthomode-feed-on-a-deep-dish-mod
I have a Pinnacle with a Bullseye II feed on it. I did these mods.

Could the image freeze problems I've been having be caused by using an inexpensive LBNF? The problem happens on all satellites

Posted via Topify using Android

Look up what kind of pole setting you'll need for it. Probably a hole at least 8' deep.

Picture freezing issues are usually related to low quality signal level. It can be tough to trouble-shoot. It's NOT NORMAL to have that problem on every satellite.

Magic, my orthomode setup uses Norsat DRO 8115 lnb's, $90 each. I'll put them up against the far more expensive PLL lnb's anyday. I really see no need for the average person to have PLL lnb's. With the exception of the cheaper KU ones like SatAv's for $17.

A c-band only orthomode feedhorn isn't all that pricy compared to a c-band and ku orthomode feedhorn. $80 c only - $350 c and ku

But, if you buy everything brand-new, feedhorn, 4 Norsat lnb's, and a modifiable switch you are looking at around at least $500.00. That would give you the ultimate c and ku performance. You will never match the performance of an orthomode with a $40 dual c/ku lnbf

I'd rather go with a Corotor II, because of those rare odd skew sats, want to be able to fine tune the skew as needed remotely.

http://www.chaparral.net/feed-horns/corotor-ii-plus-feedhorns/

I finally got a pole and time to work on the dish. I took the LNB apart and it was filled with a bird nest. Is this still operable or should I replace it? 20130807_194412.jpg20130807_194631.jpg20131017_124704.jpg

I finally got a pole and time to work on the dish. I took the LNB apart and it was filled with a bird nest. Is this still operable or should I replace it?

Just clean it up, probably still works. Notice the chamber with the little brass cross (driven element) is still clean due to the gasket. This is the business area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)