new carbon ui hopper experence app this morning

I welcome the improvements, but the black Guide, Well it's too Directv like.

I think DISH should keep it White.
In one of the demo videos I saw, the Dish guy emphasized "contrast" a lot and many aspects of the current UI are horrible in that regard. For example, when you select an event in the DVR menu, the pop-up menu has a blue background and the highlighted item is a different blue shade. Or when you resume a recording, the locations are a bold blue with a light blue being the selected item.

Examples that I described above

uploadfromtaptalk1445109835845.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445109884532.jpg

the app is gone this morning so i am wondering if this app was only for a limited time and they will be adding carbon this month or next month.

I was thinking the same thing. If it were coming soon, there's no need to pull the app preview. They must have cancelled it....
very good question to ask i wonder if they permatly cancelled it all together.

As a preview I am thinking we just see a preview and that was it, maybe its just a app preview?

And looking closer at scots emoji there is a winking eye :)

They may be waiting on releasing it until the new HOPPER comes out next year. If they do wait ,I would have a default function so that people could go back to the current guide now. I realize this would take more space and would require some changes to the set-top box. Alot of peole dont like change and like the current guide on the Hopper. Old saying goes "if it aint broke dont fix it".
I would like to see this new guide( UI) myself. However if people dont like the New (Ui) coming they could revert back to the Classic guide (currently ) we have now.
It could be some options for the user. Just my 2cents...

I would have to admit, I'm not surprised to see its been Canceled.
I noticed the app gone too last night.

But anyways, Didn't really look any better imo.
The White looks fine, and I don't have the "contrast issues" that some feel exist.
I would rather DISH spend it's time and Money trying to figure out how to make the Joeys more functional. Instead of slow and buggy.

I would have to admit, I'm not surprised to see its been Canceled.
I noticed the app gone too last night.

But anyways, Didn't really look any better imo.
The White looks fine, and I don't have the "contrast issues" that some feel exist.
I would rather DISH spend it's time and Money trying to figure out how to make the Joeys more functional. Instead of slow and buggy.
Look at the emoticon.

Reactions: satjay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)