New Carbon UI on Hopper w/ Sling: OTA Mess !!!

The OTA doesn't break up on my Wireless Joey's, but is bad on the H3 and the 4K Joey. There are video break ups, but mostly sound drops every 5-7 seconds. I watch the same show on the wireless joey, and it's much better.

I don't know whats going on, but I wish they would fix it.

The reason I want the OTA is I get around 20+ channels OTA that are not offered on DISH.

I too wish I could weed out the OTA programs I don't want to show up on the EPG. I don't need any of the Spanish programs, but currently I have to have all or nothing in the guide.

My reason for having OTA is not only channels I don't get from Dish, but also being able to watch the severe weather news when dish lost signal. Unless it rips the antennas off my house, I still have info from the TV no matter how bad it is.

Reactions: NR2D
My reason for having OTA is not only channels I don't get from Dish, but also being able to watch the severe weather news when dish lost signal. Unless it rips the antennas off my house, I still have info from the TV no matter how bad it is.
I have a splitter on my antenna coax just before the OTA adapter. I have one side to the adapter and the other going directly to the TV. If push comes to shove, I simply turn the TV on to it's antenna input and I have locals that way.

I was having that problem too. To get it to save the channels, after you do a scan you must check/select all of the channels and then hit save. On the old ui after you scanned you would then hit save and it saved them all. Now with the Carbon after you do a scan you must check all of the channels and then hit save. Took me a few times to figure it out.
That did work. I had ~5 channels from a TBN affiliate removed from the saved scan list as well as a couple others that don't come in reliably enough to watch, so I removed those as well. Now, with the Carbon UI, I was in fact able to save the list and they show in the guide... but that's not what I want. Not a big deal, but now I just need to block those channels. As it is, this is the only way to get new OTA channels to be included in the guide too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)