New cband receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys have any of u been to the mapmaster forum and read that glen is making a new cband receiver. Supposed to do megapipe. Anyone know of this?

<insert sound of chirping crickets here>. Either everyone is laughing too hard to reply or they're just plain speechless.

wildly popular forum based on the stats at the bottom of the page.

[h=3]Who is online[/h] In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 26 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

I was thinking he has a death wish on his account here! Maybe someone should send him a link to all the bad press on this guy lately!:eek:

Hey guys have any of u been to the mapmaster forum and read that glen is making a new cband receiver. Supposed to do megapipe. Anyone know of this?
You mean hes looking to rip more people off?

I personally wouldn't give him a cent until he had a finished worked and reviewed unit.

I see he wants to charge $900 for it... yeah right look at the people who think $125 is too much for a receiver.

He also things that the programmers are going to work with him to sell programming, he don't get that they don't want to sell to us, if they did they would be selling to us now.

I believe that Google now owns the Motorola IP for the 4DTV, Digicypher and Megapipe, do you think they are going to license it to Glen? What about all the other patents that are needed to build such a receiver?

It must be fun to live in the land of make believe. :)

All just my own opinion of course. :)

Last edited:
Hold on, now.
Recently, someone hinted at a way of getting existing hardware up 'n running for this idea.

I can't offer an informed opinion, as I don't know the inner workings of the receivers in question.
More importantly, will permission be granted to tap the HD feeds for home consumption.?
And at what price?
Great if it happens ... In which case, we'll hear more.

iPhone 4

More importantly, will permission be granted to tap the HD feeds for home consumption.?
And at what price?

The answer to that (in my opinion) is no. If they wanted to sell to us they could do it now. There are many other channels up there via Hits which are receivable by the current equipment which are not for sale to us.

True enough.
The future looks bleak.

However, I may not be the only one who couldn't give a rat's ... about SD any more!
If it ain't HD (or at least good quality 16:9), don't waste my time.
I've had a 42" LCD TV for quite a number of years, and grown accustomed to the picture.

Regular 4dtv has never appealed.
But, for something in HD , I'd take notice.

Not holding my breath. :)

iphone 4

To all the people above me, except scott and anole, I knew it was most likely fake as I have read and know about glen. If you'd take time to not be so rude as to every question that comes up and answer it with a positive response that would be great. I was just asking if anyone had heard about it.
Thanks scott and anole for really answering my question. Glen does live in the land of make belive, but so do some people here.

I don't think they were bring rude, I think they are just tired of the entire Glen thing. (as am I)

I only still speak up as I don't want to see anyone send him money and not get anything for it in return. People work hard for their money and should know whats going on before they send anyone their hard earned money.

If anyone is thinking about sending him money or a 4DTV to work on, please ask yourself first why is he banned from every satellite forum in the US? I think banning Glen was probably one of the first thing all the FTA forums have ever done together in harmony. :)

Not going to happen. (Was not very happy to hear that someone lost their 905 that's BS and pisses me off) "have not heard both sides of the story in all fairness have to be fair or that's my view point of everything"

However some testing and code changes that Tim at SRL is doing after getting the ok from hits and mot may may (not 100% for sure) let us get something going. (Please don't call SRL and ask I'm in a great mood and missed my fav site for a week it's on the DL well I guess not now lol)

If you have to know PM me.

And yes it will be hardware already on the market that cable company's use. :) some very big things to over come unless u want 10k worth of headend gear in the basement.

Last edited:
Anole;; Already working in the Amateur Radio field = YES!
As far as I can tell, Glen is not the holder of any licensing agreements with the patent owners. Spread spectrum has been around for a long time ..... ('nuf sed).

Google has had a database for a rather long time and did not make purchase decisions without data. ..... ('nuf sed).

However some testing and code changes that Tim at SRL is doing after getting the ok from hits and mot may may (not 100% for sure) let us get something going. (Please don't call SRL and ask I'm in a great mood and missed my fav site for a week it's on the DL well I guess not now lol)

I, for one, am grateful for anything that SRL / Programming Center can cook up. Any info that you can share either publicly or privately is most appreciated. I have always wondered why the H2H channel list is so limited, presumably a small fraction of the HITS channels on that satellite. It just seems like they are leaving money on the table. Is there something about the 4DTV boxes that makes them mad?

nhulst said:
Is there something about the 4DTV boxes that makes them mad?

No they are just old. Plus some programmers don't want to sell to us cbanders. But a lot of channels can not be received with the old 4dtv STB's.

Well I cant wait to see what happens. Even though I have dish id sub. I wish could get a receiver that could pull in our fta and sub channels together on one receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)