New channels In June?

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
I know that the guys at C* have said that more HD channels are coming, how about non-hd channels? They have quite a bit of channel numbers available, how about some news about those?

it has been posted that CV will be getting new HD channels but won't say which ones or how many & with Direct's future additions & competition from ATT is there anyone who has any inside info on CV's new HD lineup (throw us a bone, will ya!!..lol)

OK, I got a small hint from the boss today that voom hd will be coming this summer, somewhere around july. 41 channels total, and im assuming they are going to be switched vid, bc I dont know how they would add 41 hd channels at their current bandwidth. This is not definite, so please dont quote me, but its a pretty reliable source....Heres hoping!!!

VOOM is 15 channels. By CV's count they have 25 now so 41 is probably the number after the next additions. There are not 41 HD channels currently available to add. I've always assumed that VOOM was coming as soon as they got SDV going for HD. I would also expect that VOOM will be a pay tier.

Can anyone shed some light on what exactly are VOOM channels? I know I heard of this before here but never really followed what they offered. But, hey, any new HD channels at this point is definitely a welcome addition.

Voom? Anything else?

Voom seems pretty useless... Are there any plans for HD channels that carry regular programming? (ESPN2, Food Network, A&E, etc, etc, etc.)

Also, how about finally carrying PPV events in HD?

They already do, channel 792.

don't want to get off topic here, but, no, they don't provide PPV programming in HD.

channel 792 has not simulcast anything that has been shown on channel 92 in recent times. in fact the *only* thing i have ever seen show up in the 792 guide was the mayweather vs. de la hoya fight. all other PPV programming is available in SD only.

e.g. the UFC has been broadcasting in HD since february, but, CV has yet to make it available on channel 792.

anyhoo, PPV, ESPN2, Food, A&E, other major cable networks... those are HD selections that would make people happy. Voom just seems like a waste. basically, more INHD channels. whoopie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)