Mojo
Outdoor Channel 2
RFD
Voom - 15 channel suite
WE
Wealth TV
WGN Superstation

-b

The more the better, even if I dont' watch them! :D Now, will DTv ever carry Voom? Thought they were Dish exclusive. I used to have them and maybe I watched old shows on the Family Channels once in a blue moon (like, UFO, flipper, etc).

On the AVS forum, C Panther has listed 18 more channels that were promised by DIRECTV in fall and winter. These include 5 more HBO Channels and 1 more Cinemax and Comedy, Outdoor, ESPN News, ABC Family, etc.

John

i looked on amc's web site and there is nothing said about any hd programming

also, i was under the impression that espn, espn2 and tnt were mpeg 4 shown on 206, 209, and 245. the feeds for channels 72, 73, and 75 are mpeg2.

i looked on amc's web site and there is nothing said about any hd programming

also, i was under the impression that espn, espn2 and tnt were mpeg 4 shown on 206, 209, and 245. the feeds for channels 72, 73, and 75 are mpeg2.
All mpeg 2, they are simply remapped to the new channels also, but same feed

HD Channels

Yes, I watch mostly digital OTA with an antenna . However, I wan't the ESPN channels, Discovery channels, Bravo, Comedy Central, CNBC and others when I want to watch. My kids want the MTV channels, Nickelodian, G4, Disney, etc. If there was an alternative, I'd consider it, but there isn't, especially if you want to watch TV in HD. This is where where at - livin' in the early twenty first century.

Did they run inot a fork in the road cuz the momentum has slowed down since September. October and part of November were fine untel late.

They shows have to comply aswhell. i like Spike TV but don't like watching certain things in 4:3 when the channel is 16:9. black edges on the sides really blows.

There is not enough content in HD yet too.

HD is slow as hell when getting it out.

They are running out of channels that are currently available in HD.

The letterboxing is the preference of the vast majority here. Stretching the content to fill a 16:9 format destroys the picture.

I watch more movies than anything else so TCM still gets a lot of use. I like to see things in HD but I love a good movie. TCM in HD soon I hope.

TCM is the only SD movie channel that I watch with any consistancy. If they did it right I'd like to see it HD too but not if they do something stupid like strech-a-vision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts