New Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WayneG said:
FamilyNet would be a great addition for those we like classic TV like Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore, Mr. Belvedere, Remington Steele and more. They also have some unique daytime programming that includes cooking and health related shows and kids programming on Saturdays.

And yes, they do have some Christian programming but most are geared for those we like sound Biblical teaching as opposed to so many of the prosperity teachers that dominate religious TV. Side note: I would like to be able to watch Wretched with Todd Friel - he really knows how to address today's issues from a Christian prospective.

Oh, and FamilyNet is available in HD!

+1

You mean like GloryStar, a SatelliteGuys Gold sponsor which shows up at the top of most pages on this website? :)

FamilyNet would be a great addition for those we like classic TV like Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore, Mr. Belvedere, Remington Steele and more.
More? You basically just listed the entirety of their classic TV lineup. :)

As a recent convert to international soccer, I've already made up my mind that my monthly $$$$$ is going to whichever service signs up the two new BeIn sports networks. They said they have two deals in the U.S. but I guess we don't find out who until August, maybe?

I'll say it again. The FCC should allow us to pick up CBC and CTV.

With exception of cable systems close to the border, they are not available because of contracts between the programmers and the networks in both countries. If Dish carried CTV, much of the programming would be blacked out. The FCC has nothing to do with it.

With exception of cable systems close to the border, they are not available because of contracts between the programmers and the networks in both countries. If Dish carried CTV, much of the programming would be blacked out. The FCC has nothing to do with it.

But, CBC World News would be appreciated, and no worries about geographical conflicts of programming licenses.

But, CBC World News would be appreciated, and no worries about geographical conflicts of programming licenses.
Man, I'd give up ever having a chance at getting Fearnet just to be able to watch Peter Mansbridge and the CBC news. Seems like a good trade to me. Though would trading something we don't have for something we don't have be a trade at all?

I so miss Newsworld International, though I had Directv when it was on. That channel absolutely rocked for news. Actual honest news coverage. Darn you Gore for buying and changing it into a lesser body of news coverage!

It's amazing how horrible US News channels are compared to various global news providers. CNN comes closest. But, they're still a far cry from BBC/CBC/NHK/etc.

They try and dumb it down so much for US audiences, that I get angry at their low opinion of my mental acuity. Plus, I truly don't care what some dick from Sheboygan tweets about the news. Why can't they be more like their own CNN International?

More? You basically just listed the entirety of their classic TV lineup. :)

Yeah your right. I just left off I Spy and The Saint. They do change up their schedule from time to time. When I had Sky Angel IPTV a couple of years ago they had Lou Grant, Lost in Space, and The Big Valley. I still think FamilyNet would be a great addition to all packages but especially the Family Package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)