New Channels

Yes - CBC!

I'll say it again. The FCC should allow us to pick up CBC and CTV.

Great suggestion for CBC! I used to love the CBC stations when I had C-Band in Oregon in the late 80's.

Not only would we have some quality programming, just think of the threads we can have here questioning the blackout rules between NHLN and Hockey Night In Canada :D

However do you really see that happening in the current environment? I mean we are taking about DISH replacing AMC and IFC (Cablevision properties) with resurrected VOOM (Cavlevision) channels.

No, it's a complete fantasy. Good fantasy, maybe. ;) And I don't think Cablevision kept paying for rights to broadcast all those old shows when the channels they were on no longer exist. So all those agreements would also have to be worked out before any Voom channel could return.

look at how many asked for FEARnet in this thread lol.
I see you on your one man bandstand and someone else dissing it; not exactly a groundswell of support.

I'd much rather see TVLand HD but I'd trade most of the other MTV (MTV, MTV2, VH1, BETs) channels for it instead.

The Military History Channel HD sounds intriguing.

Much more than Monsters HD, I miss Kung Fu HD.

Yeah, Fearnet would rule! I guess I don't understand the support for TVLAND HD. Isn't about 85%-95% of their programming reruns of shows shot in SD? What's the point of HD, except for the 2-3 hours a week max of new programming?

Actually even SD looks beter with the increased bandwidth for an HD hannel.

True. Dish, and just about all carriers, have compressed and reduced bitrates on SD programming, so that it looks like crap. It's a shame that it's gotten to the point that SD programs only look good in HD.

If they carried the SD signals with proper compression and bitrates, the images would be on par with DVD images.

True. Dish, and just about all carriers, have compressed and reduced bitrates on SD programming, so that it looks like crap. It's a shame that it's gotten to the point that SD programs only look good in HD.

If they carried the SD signals with proper compression and bitrates, the images would be on par with DVD images.

Yes, even SD looks better on an HD broadcast, with all the HD content niche channels out there, an SD broadcasted in HD niche network seems like a weird one to be requesting. To each his own I guess... btw, the only thing I've ever noticed on SD TVLAND that looked bad was Everybody Loves Raymond (and it was nearly unwatchable, though even if it was razor sharp, picture perfect HD quality, the content alone renders it nearly unwatchable). :)

Unless the channel provider stretches all the 4:3 content to 16:9. I'd rather a slightly more blurry channel with the proper aspect ratio than "HD" that's clearer but in stretch-o-vision.

Yes, even SD looks better on an HD broadcast, with all the HD content niche channels out there, an SD broadcasted in HD niche network seems like a weird one to be requesting. To each his own I guess... btw, the only thing I've ever noticed on SD TVLAND that looked bad was Everybody Loves Raymond (and it was nearly unwatchable, though even if it was razor sharp, picture perfect HD quality, the content alone renders it nearly unwatchable). :)
So, are you saying that everybody doesn't love Raymond?

Sick and tired of waiting for ESPNU HD on DISH. If they don't have it by the time my contract is up, bye-bye DISH!

Might as well prepare for a switch then... I highly doubt that ESPNU HD will be here on Dish before your contract expires.

Unless the channel provider stretches all the 4:3 content to 16:9. I'd rather a slightly more blurry channel with the proper aspect ratio than "HD" that's clearer but in stretch-o-vision.

Two different things. Stretching the content is not good and I would ratehher see it in the original ratio as wel but increased bandwidth almost always helps PQ stretched or not.

FearNet HD, Me-TV, Antenna TV, RTV, HERE network, Disney Jr. and Funimation channel can be added. Our local Bright House has all of these currently, but not Dish. Dish needs to do something and fast as if they don't add something "quality" to replace the AMC channels it's going to tick off more Dish customers which see the package prices staying the same, when channels keep going away.

FearNet HD, Me-TV, Antenna TV, RTV, HERE network, Disney Jr. and Funimation channel can be added. Our local Bright House has all of these currently, but not Dish. Dish needs to do something and fast as if they don't add something "quality" to replace the AMC channels it's going to tick off more Dish customers which see the package prices staying the same, when channels keep going away.

Isn't Reelz in HD only until the of June? At the very least, they could leave that one on in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts