New Comcast HD commerical

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will be debunking that commercial here in a few days.. I saw it to, and it really pissed me off because its nothing but a lie. They are trying to state that they have 500 hd channels by the bargraph. I wont be able to start doing what im doing untill tommorow. Stay tuned though.

States that Comcast has more HD programming then Directv in chicago..
Thats kind of funny. I live in the Chicago area and am aware that Comcast was launching 15 new HD channels. Whether they have added them yet I do not know, but I was counting the number of national HD channels that I currently get through DirecTV compared to all of the national HD's that Comcast offers and DirecTV came out on top. I didn't count the RSN's or PPV channels. I will give Comcast a little credit though. They did add some interesting HD channels that us fellow DirecTV'ers would like to see!

I was watching the Giants and Braves yesterday on CSNBA HD on Direct here in SoCal (something you cannot do with any other provider) and Comcast had a commercial that said, "More HD than anyone....Period!".

I thought to myself, that it is ironic that the only way I was able to see this game in HD outside of the Bay Area was on a provider other than Comcast.

My comcast commercial for the Seattle area told me that the satellite companies want me to think that they have more HD channels, but that isn't true. Comcast has many more HD channels than anyone period. Made me laugh. :D

Comcast is terrible anyway from what I heard. They compress their HD channels quite a bit (more so than any other provider). They have been exposed for it.

I will be debunking that commercial here in a few days.. I saw it to, and it really pissed me off because its nothing but a lie. They are trying to state that they have 500 hd channels by the bargraph. I wont be able to start doing what im doing untill tommorow. Stay tuned though.

Which one ? the one with Girl say that she rather remarry her ex husband, or the one with the gameshow ?

Does someone have a link for the commercial? I checked on YouTube and couldn't find it. I wonder if someone has uploaded it.

From what I was told when questioning similar ads was that Comcast counts its hd music videos from their On Demand. If you notice, they never say more HD channels, its always more HD CHOICES. Comcast sucks !

I had a laugh at the gameshow commercial. There's no way that Comcast can even handle the bandwidth required to hold the amount of HD that D* currently offers. True that not all shows on HD channels are in HD, but that's true for all carriers as they get the same feed.

I call shananagains on Comcast.

I don't know anything about this, but I have been saying the same thing as bateau . . . as we move forward in the HD world, how are cable companies going to have more bandwidth to add HD when they have internet, phone and HD all on the same system?

i saw the same TV ad here in Connecticut, with a bar graph showing 500 HD for Comcast and only 95 for DirecTV.
i find it very very deceiving.
just like their triple bundle deals.:mad:

i saw the same TV ad here in Connecticut, with a bar graph showing 500 HD for Comcast and only 95 for DirecTV.
i find it very very deceiving.
just like their triple bundle deals.:mad:
They must clearly mean HD "choices" then because even if Comcast did have more HD channels than DirecTV it wouldn't be by much anyway. People really don't give 2 craps about HD choices. They want HD channels instead. Comcast for some reason is still sold on the HD choices idea I guess.

Comcast in chicago is actually very good. That commerical is obviously BS but comcast does have 54 actual HD channels here, some which directv does not have.

Comcast Chicago HD Stations

01 - 169 NFL Network
02 - 171 AMC
03 - 173 ESPN
04 - 174 MOJO
05 - 175 History
06 - 176 TLC
07 - 177 Sci-Fi
08 - 179 HGTV
09 - 181 Food Network
10 - 183 WCIU (Independent)
11 - 184 WPWR (My Network)
12 - 185 Showtime
13 - 186 HBO
14 - 187 WLS (ABC)
15 - 188 WMAQ (NBC)
16 - 189 WBBM (CBS)
17 - 190 WFLD (Fox)
18 - 191 WTTW (PBS)
19 - 192 WGN (CW)
20 - 195 Cinemax
21 - 196 Starz
22 - 197 Disney
23 - 198 ABC Family
24 - 199 Versus/Golf
25 - 200 Comcast SportsNet
26 - 203 ESPN2
27 - 204 TNT
28 - 205 HD Theater
29 - 206 National Geographic
30 - 207 Universal
31 - 208 A&E
32 - 209 MHD
33 - 212 Science
34 - 216 CNN
35 - 218 Discovery Channel
36 - 219 TBS
37 - 221 USA
38 - 224 Animal Planet
39 - 227 Hallmark Movie Channel
40 - 234 NHL Network
41 - 235 NBA TV
42 - 237 Speed
43 - 256 Big Ten Network
44 - 263 Encore
45 - 264 Fox Business Network
46 - 265 Fox News Channel
47 - 266 CNBC
48 - 267 FX
49 - 270 Weather Channel
50 - 278 Bravo
51 - 279 Fuse
52 - 280 Independent Film Channel (IFC)
53 - 281 WE
54 - 282 QVC

Just out of curiosity, does Big Ten Network count as an RSN in the Big Ten markets? Or is it purely a national network like ESPN?

As much as it pains mean to help a Duke fan, I'll answer anyway. ;):D

I think on D* at least it should be considered national network since it is visible to everyone in the country and no games are blacked out. Also it is available in the Choice package like ESPN is.

Comcast claims to have more "HD programming" not more HD channels. They are including their on demand sections which are available in HD. DirecTV actually has more HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)