New Contract Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am NOT new to satellite TV. For the past 10 years I had Dish and Direct, and switched back and forth. Every time I switched I got each company's new generation hardware (which was my main reason for switching). As a very experience Hardware and Software Design EE I have no doubt that the Dish hardware and software is superior and probably I will never again switch to Direct. Both companies have Hardware and software problems but Direct problems seems to be endless. Every time they "fix" one problem they introduce several new problems. BTW, this problem with skipping to the beginning or end of recording existed for many years and they never even attempted to fix it.
So .... if you bounce back and forth from one provider to another, you obviously don't care that Both have issues.
You are going back to Dish because your time is up with D* and your bill will be going up (you basically just said that) ...
Go get your great deal for the Dish that they are offering you ... when that one ends and thier bill goes up and thier channels are off the air during contract disputes, remember how happy you are with them.

It's obvious that you like DISH better, so why do you change ?

I never understand people jumping ship if they like the service ...

actually the software on the hr24 and hr34 is very nice, very few bugs.

the hs17 is a general POS
I haven't had any issues with my HR44 or my HR24's software wise ...
I will admit that the HR24s are getting quite old, but theres nothing to move up to for me. (I DON'T want Clients)

Reactions: mdram
Got DirecTV installed at mom's house this past Wednesday. Brand new remote does exactly the same thing. No matter how quickly we press skip button, stupid things jumps to end or beginning of program. That being said, husband and I have had DISH for 18 years. Through all the equipment and software iterations, there have been and still are, many bugs. Some that have remained unfixed for years and traveled from Hopper 1 to 2 to 3 (older receivers gave 0 problems). It is annoying, but the benefits of the services provided far outweigh the annoyances, for us. Others may find bugs intolerable. Having worked in software testing and tinkered with PC builds and multiple Windows iterations, bugs and annoyances are SOP for me. I just roll my eyes and try to find work-arounds. That also being said, I would really like to NOT be a beta-tester for DISH or DirecTV. But, c'est la vie.

I've seen this behavior myself but it's not an instant jump to the end. The visible symptom is the progress bar disappears and the program just goes into very fast forward. If you hit the fast reverse button quickly you can stop it.

It's a PITA and happens way more often than I'd like but nothing to make me dump DTV over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)