NEW Coolsat 8100HD coming out July 18

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
Hummmm I thought Iceberg you said your unit didnot come with Blindscan?
But thought said that you downloaded the software for blindscan?
And I thought with COOLsat that they might have fixed the blindscan problem with the 8000HD...
But I guess that there are nooo blindscan units out there and I keep hating having to wait...
Would have thought Pansat 9000HD would have blindscan but they screwed up also......Whats the big deal with these units not having blindscan?.JohnnyT

IMO they don't have blindscan because they aren't making them for FTA use, they're making them for hackers. Who have very little use for blindscan. :(

Which is the reason some of us push the DVB card route. A lot cheaper alternative, a little harder to set up, but equally satisfying as long as you have a sufficently speedy PC. :cool:

Hummmm I thought Iceberg you said your unit didnot come with Blindscan?
correct...no blind scan

But thought said that you downloaded the software for blindscan?
nope. There is no software for the 8K to have blind scan

And I thought with COOLsat that they might have fixed the blindscan problem with the 8000HD...
as noted above, we're kinda low on the totem pole so I highly doubt blind scan will be added soon :(

But I guess that there are nooo blindscan units out there and I keep hating having to wait...
heck just buy one and slave it to a blind scan unit. thats what I do. So when I blind scan and come across a HD feed, I plug it into the 8K and voila..HD :)

Would have thought Pansat 9000HD would have blindscan but they screwed up also......Whats the big deal with these units not having blindscan?.JohnnyT

Mike Kohl said it best at his site (www.global-cm.net)
Where this box will be useful is for receiving the many wild feeds that are up on a temporary basis for sporting and other special events. Which brings up a small downside to the receiver. It does not have a blind scan or "smart scan" circuit. Too many things going on inside this box to add that feature and keep it under a certain budget. I would suggest using a separate blind scan receiver on a utility basis to find existing HD frequencies, copy that information, and manually enter it into this receiver to scan for those temporary HD signals

IMO they don't have blindscan because they aren't making them for FTA use, they're making them for hackers. Who have very little use for blindscan. :(

Which is the reason some of us push the DVB card route. A lot cheaper alternative, a little harder to set up, but equally satisfying as long as you have a sufficently speedy PC. :cool:

If that is indeed the case, that's one screwed up business case for selling MPEG4 receivers.

I'd use a PC with a DVB card instead of going with an HD STB without blind scan. With the PC DVB card route, you also get a DVR thrown into the mix, as well as a computer, for about the same price :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.