New customer charge for upgrading.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cincyray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Reading Pa
Ok ive changed this thread to see if i can get better answers. Is there an extra $50 charge for upgrading equipment for being a new customer. Ive had D for a month now have had some service issues with one room losing signal. After tech left the room that wasnt working is now working. Then my sons room quit working tech never called back. I had to set a new appointment with D to fix the problem. I asked about upgrading to the Hd Dvr . Csr said they could give me a $50 discount to bring it down to $149.00

Then she said that there is a $50 charge for upgrading because im a new customer plus there is a shipping charge. And the Price went from a $149 to $248. Is this true or should i just try another csr thanks.

Yeah Charper i will keep calling i told the csr i would be calling later this week. And she said she would put the discount in the notes lets see if she did that lol.

I had the same issue with the $50 charge. I was not going to pay an extortion fee just to get a HD receiver. Looking through the threads - the CSR will not be able to help you out in this case. I called and spoke to 5 different people over three days. Pay your bill on time for a few months and magically the fee will disappear. It did for me at least.

6Months after becoming a customer you should be able to upgrade. You were supposed to get the right equipment to start your subscription, now it cost both you and them to change equipment because you ordered the wrong equipment.

But whose fault is it you weren't correctly advised on your equipment needs?

The funny thing is that if i go through the upgrade equipment online it shows a total of $210 the normal cost. It says nothing about a new customer upgrade charge. oh well.

6Months after becoming a customer you should be able to upgrade. You were supposed to get the right equipment to start your subscription, now it cost both you and them to change equipment because you ordered the wrong equipment.

But whose fault is it you weren't correctly advised on your equipment needs?

It wouldn't cost them nearly as much if they would just SHIP the rec's and have the home owner put it in when it's just a rec., but they don't want to do that.

I didnt order wrong equipment. I was told i could upgrade later when the price dropped. Again i dont mind paying the reciever cost but being penalized because i am a new customer is ludicrous. If that is the case i wont upgrade. You can only be nickled and dimed so many times.

Same here - I ordered what I needed at the time. I decided after I got DTV to move the 55" into my bedroom and get a larger tv for the living room. The other thing the CSR told me to do was to go Best Buy and get it there and install it myself. No $50 extortion charge.

i told that to the csr about buying one a best buy. She said they would still charge me. I since wrote them an email saying how unhappy i was at this and may just cancle. I got an email today saying please call this number using this pin # for the best price on equipment. We dont want to loose you as a customer. Stay tuned will let ya know what happens.

They wanted to charge me $50.00 on top of the cost of the Hddvr because im a new customer and wanted to upgrade.

For me the $50 new customer charge went away after I received my first normal months bill after 30 days and PAID it.
Depending on the cycle that could be your 2nd bill in the mail I guess.

A Sr. CSR told me that is how its programed into the computer because some were using fake SSN# and getting free equipment then never paying for there bills on the long contract.
The CSR could not over ride it. She said wait or go to best buy.

For me the $50 new customer charge went away after I received my first normal months bill after 30 days and PAID it.
Depending on the cycle that could be your 2nd bill in the mail I guess.

A Sr. CSR told me that is how its programed into the computer because some were using fake SSN# and getting free equipment then never paying for there bills on the long contract.
The CSR could not over ride it. She said wait or go to best buy.

That is BS, they just checked my credit rating before taking order, I said why SSN? She said your name and address would do too, and she checked me fine.

They need to correct that stupid $50 surcharge for a new sub, makes no sense what's so ever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)