This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Customer Equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

db54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
What brand and models of receivers are DirecTV sending out now?

I would like to have a pole mount for the 3-LNB Dish. What size pole do i need? I believe it is a 1 5/8 but is it ID or OD?

The size I used is 1 5/8" OUTSIDE diameter. Had the local hardware store cut a 14 foot piece of black water pipe. Cost $20. Then put it in a 2 gallon bucket of cement. The 5 gallon bucket was going to be overkill. About 10 foot up the pole it is anchored to the eve of the house. Solid as a rock.

thanks TomV, good idea! The location i have marked for installation, will require the pole to be free-standing since it will be in the middle of the back yard. I figured i would get at least an 8-10 ft. pipe and put it in the ground about 2 1/2-3 ft. and anchored in quik-set cement.

I can only speak for my retailer's practices, but as of the last couple weeks we've been moving away from the different brands of basic DTV receivers toward a single DirecTV-branded unit.

Advanced receivers like the Executive Director (HAH-SA) are still available, and TiVo/HD receivers are still available in branded forms, but the "dumb terminals", if you will, are being consolidated. I was disappointed I couldn't get the RCA DRD486 advanced model due to stocking issues resulting from this decision (I loathe IR remotes).

anyone know what models they have been sending out recently?

Thanks Darkwing, i need info on non-HD receivers.

I know I will get flak for saying this, but I got an 8 ft 4X4 fence post that is attached to a post support that is metal and screws into the 4X4. It has a spike that goes 2 ft into the ground. That is what I will be using for my Directv dish when it gets reinstalled tomorrow.

Darkwing Duck said:
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking I mean D10, suppose I was just tired.

No problem! thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.