New Customer Install today! 6-12-10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hedbert

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Apple Valley, MN
I just wanted to say Hi! I have been with E* for many years. I got a call from my installer for D* to reschedule for later today. But on the upside he is bringing me 1-HR24 and 3-H24 receivers.

I have been reading all about these new receivers here. Thank you for all the information and reviews!

So far so good. Install went really smooth. The 24s are nice! SWIM makes the install SOOOOO easy. The only problem is I have a TV that I cant find in the menu. I have a Hannspree HT09.

find yourself in Hannspree - U.S.A.

Well this and I would LOVE if the guide could be reversed.

Guide reversed ?
Explain ....
Maybe it's just a setting.

Guide reversed ?
Explain ....
Maybe it's just a setting.

As a former E* customer when I am in the guide and I press the "page up" button the channels go up. Now with my HR24 if I press "page up" the numbers go down. It is how I mentally think about it.

As a former E* customer when I am in the guide and I press the "page up" button the channels go up. Now with my HR24 if I press "page up" the numbers go down. It is how I mentally think about it.

This fooled most of us in the beginning & I never had Dish to get confused in the first place....just a strange command.

most Dish receivers you can change a setting so page down it is done in numerical order correctly ;)

Personally, I think the D* was is better ....
Reason is, if your looking at say channel 200, the screen shows

Now if I want the next set of numbers (#'s going up, but the higher numbers are at the bottom of the screen ....)
So if I hit the PAGE DN, it goes to the next set of numbers, such as

This makes sense to me.

Kinda like if you hold the remote up the numbers get larger when you push down and vice versa.

Don't know if I have ever heard anyone bring that up before.

I don't think you can change that on Directv, but in about 3 days you'll be used to this way (from experience). Enjoy the system and more HD, especially sports (even more HD coming soon).

Thank you all!! I have found one other thing I miss.

The D* online DVR Scheduler only schedules. With E* I was also able to manage my DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

question about 3 "bonus" international channels

Transferring DVR Recordings to DVD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)