Transferring DVR Recordings to DVD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dusty7302

Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Washington DC
I've spent a couple of hours on the forum this morning searching to see if this has been addressed (if it has please be so kind as to point me in the right direction).

I want to transfer recordings from my DVR to by DVD-R. I thought I had everything connected properly as the DVD-R player will play back to the TV monitor. In the past (when Tivo was connected) I was able to play the DVR recording while the DVD-R was in record mode, and everything worked fine. I have the DVR output going through a Denon Receiver to the DVD Input and the DVD output (again through the Denon) going to the TV - so in theory it should be working.

Upgraded, last year, to a DirectTV DVR. I did not do the installation (DirectTV did). I haven't had a need to record anything since then.

As a potential work-a-round, I looked into setting up the DVR to connect to the wireless network, but it appears that you can only do this with an ethernet connection (no USB). I would then transfer the recordings to PC and rip the DVD from there.

So basically two questions:

1. Any ideas on why no record?
2. Link that can address a work-a-round for the ethernet connection VS USB.

Thanks

1) Since you did not install the receiver, I would check to make sure it is still connected to the DVD recorder.

2) You can't transfer to a PC without the use of a TV Tunner. There is no way to just copy the files from the DVR to your PC and use them.

I want to transfer recordings from my DVR to by DVD-R. I thought I had everything connected properly as the DVD-R player will play back to the TV monitor. In the past (when Tivo was connected) I was able to play the DVR recording while the DVD-R was in record mode, and everything worked fine. I have the DVR output going through a Denon Receiver to the DVD Input and the DVD output (again through the Denon) going to the TV - so in theory it should be working.

So basically two questions:

1. Any ideas on why no record?

Are you getting a picture on your TV? If not, check your connections. If you are, you SHOULD be getting the video recorded to DVD.

As to other ways to accomplish getting shows from the DVR to a DVD, there are none that I am aware of.

Connect the DVR directly to the inputs of the DVD recorder.
There's no need to tie up the AV receiver for the hours to make the copy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)