question about 3 "bonus" international channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
wondering if anyone else has run in to this...
Directv's website says that with any int'l package subscription you get Gem Net ch.2068, MHz worldview ch.2183 and CCTV4 ch. 2053. I subscribe to Choice package with HD, MLB EI,sports pack, Directv Americas - which is considered an int'l package but when I enter any of these ch. numbers, I get a message on the screen that simply says "Channel not available".
I've called Driectv and the reps says I should be able to receive the three channels. I've restarted the 3 receivers but still can't get these channels!
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Do you have the international dish pointed at 95 WL?

Without that huge dish you won't get those channels.

What is Directv Americas? I have never heard of that add on.

I have grandfathered spanish/english core package and have occasional also subscribed to brazilian tv globo through directv which comes from the 95 satellite, because I have a 95 dish I have received the free channels @ 95 even when I wasn't subscribed to any internationals.

9503 is the 95 west test channel, so if you have the 95 dish but arent seeing that channel then you need to do an auto config.

Apparently I can receive satellites 99,101.103,110 and 119 - not 95. My dish is a Slimeline-5.
Thanks for the ACCURATE explanation (why did I bother to call CSR) Now is there a way for me to add 95W?
And the Directv Americas is 7.99 per month, gives you For your reference, here are the 25 channels included in DIRECTV Américas:

460 Televisión Española Internacional
Multi-sat equipment required.
439 SUR Peru
438 Ecuavisa
437 TV Chile
436 Discovery Familia
434 TV Dominicana
433 Foot School TV
430 Latinoamerica
429 Telecentro
424 Cine Nostalgia
423 Cine Latino
422 Cine Estelar TV
417 Caracol TV Internacional
416 TV Colombia
415 A Toda Musica
414 WAPA America
413 Discovery en Español
411 Telefé International
410 MUN2
409 TV Venezuela
408 Telefutura
407 Telemundo - West
406 Telemundo - East
405 Mega TV
379 PBS

Then that is the spanish add on package from 119 for english core packages subscribers, that is not international from 95, I subscribe to spanish core package which gives you most of the english ones and comes out cheaper.

If you can do your own install you need a dish for just 95, you could get a 30" FTA dish or one of the pitas that directv uses for 95+101 DTV36EDS, then there is a switcher you will need if all you have is runs from the slimline.

Might be cheaper if you just call up and tell them you want to add an international like brazilian tv globo then they might do the install for you for free and you could just cancel the international after a month or 2.

Spanish is at 119, you do not need another dish if you have a slimline 5, which you described above. You should receive them fine if you subscribe to spanish.

I think we're confusing two things

He is talking about the free Int'l channels that are available with any package as long as you can see 95W

Lets make it simple, anything in channels 2000 range requires the very large extra dish pointed at 95.

400's require a slimline 5 dish, pointed at 119.

Let him figure out what he wants to watch ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)