New Customer Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Replacing the 61K with the 61 might help but here's the thing. I switched carriers because Directv told me that this set up was the best there was and the 54/61K combo would provide me with two stunning 4K channels. I think that as a consumer I have the right to certain performance expectations. I left Dish, which performed perfectly as advertised. I went with Directv because of better PQ and 4K.

I have the 65inch version of the Sony tv and yes it does have RVU built in that's how I watch my 4K and have had no issues with it

I as under the impression that only Samsung has a RVU TV. I have a Sony 75x850c
Use your main remote (RMT-TX100U) Upper left hand corner hit input and scroll down you will even see the Direct TV logo.
Thats the RVU part of your TV and apps.

Reports are that newer TVs with faster processors are at least as good as the C61K, maybe faster.

When I scroll down to the Directv Ready icon he Directv area is not highlighted. When I click on it I get the following message. "There is no RVU server in your network. To enjoy receiver-less TV with Directv go to directv.com /RVU for more information. Do I need to turn this feature on and if so how do I do it.

When I scroll down to the Directv Ready icon he Directv area is not highlighted. When I click on it I get the following message. "There is no RVU server in your network. To enjoy receiver-less TV with Directv go to directv.com /RVU for more information. Do I need to turn this feature on and if so how do I do it.

When I scroll to my RVU icon, it wants me to put in a PIN number like I am hooking up a client. This is with a HR44.

the coax that was connected to the c61k needs to connect to a deca instead, then the ethernet connection from there needs to go to the TV. plus a power source for the deca (dont use the TV USB port, did that once, so much headache). then the PIN screen should come up.

There are many issues reported with the D* clients. While not exactly the same, I think it's safe to say that there are many bugs and issues with the clients and their connection to the main unit and their handling of recorded material and switching resolutions. They know about it but don't seem to care. All they care about now is stupid Directv Now.

I personally enjoy my directv now service. $35 a month with no contract. No DVR, it's $35, can't stream more than 2 tvs, it's $35. It's actually a much better option than paying $100+ a month for other providers. I can watch when I want and don't need a receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I personally enjoy my directv now service. $35 a month with no contract. No DVR, it's $35, can't stream more than 2 tvs, it's $35. It's actually a much better option than paying $100+ a month for other providers. I can watch when I want and don't need a receiver.

No DVR is unacceptable for any form of pay TV in 2016-17.

You are also an installer and know what you're doing. Being an installer, you must know that these issues are widespread. The "my works fine so it's not an issue" posts get old quickly for those with the problem.

I had some initial problems installing a few of them, but no complaints from customers either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)