Status
Please reply by conversation.

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I have four receivers in my house. One HR34-700 Genie, two H25-100 units, and one H25-500 unit. The HR34-700 and two H25-100 units are probably around three years old, and I received them when I originally had DIRECTV installed at my old house. I received the H25-500 about a year and a half ago when I moved to my new house. Over about the last month or two I've started receiving a message on my H25 units that states "DEN has been disconnected from your home network. The Playlist is no longer available." This message pops up at what seems to be completely random times while watching live TV. "DEN" is my HR34 Genie. I can go into the playlist immediately after this message comes on the screen, and it comes up with no problems (although I haven't tried to play any of the recordings immediately after the message comes up). I went around the house and did a power cycle of all four receivers, leaving each one completely disconnected from power for well over one minute. I thought that might help, since I had no clue how long it had been since any of them had been reset - but the message has come up again the other night. What the heck is going on? Is there anything I can look at to see what might be causing this? Nothing has changed with anything that I'm aware of. Other than this message popping up at random times, everything seems to be working great.

Attachments

• IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    720.6 KB · Views: 387
I get that too.

I think it is a software issue when you have a SWiM-16.

BTW, the H25 have no playlist of the their own as they have no HDD. Please recheck your model numbers.

It could a moca error. Maybe a cable is just starting to go bad... But it might be software too... Or there could be outside interference getting in. I'd have to put a meter on it to narrow it down, though.

I get that too.

I think it is a software issue when you have a SWiM-16.

BTW, the H25 have no playlist of the their own as they have no HDD. Please recheck your model numbers.

I realize the H25 units have no HDD. The error message is saying they're losing connection to the HR34, so the playlist (from the HR34) is not available - although the playlist comes right up if I go look at the recordings right after the error message comes up. So, either it's not really losing connection or the connection is coming right back immediately after it's lost.

This house was new construction when I bought it, so all of the cabling was brand new. I would hope none of the cabling is already going bad after only a year and a half. This never happened at the old house (which had much older cabling), and just started happening here at the new house in the last month or two.

Happens to me too with my H24-500. Was never when trying to access recordings on my HR24-500 though. Always clears itself up so has not been a problem for me. Just a curiosity.

Do you have a Cinema connection kit connected to the system for external internet connection? Are you using ethernet connections to any of the receivers?

Have there been any changes to your ISP or router about the time the issue started? Also, you say the house was pre-wired. You don't have any unterminated RG6 connections hooked up to the DECA system, do you? Just some things I might check.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts