New customer questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
I am getting Direct TV installed this week with 2 HD receivers and 2 sd receivers. I'm not really sure at this time how many receivers I really need (family member or two are planning on moving out). Would it be better to just have Direct TV install 2 more receivers since they will do up to six for free and if I decide in the future that I don't need all of them can I just have them turn them off? Would I have to return the receiver as soon as it is turned off and would I have to pay to return it?

Order anything you need now that you're signing up as a new customer. I suggest you add an HD-DVR and an HD receivers, I believe they're still free when you sign up as a new customer. Adding a receiver after the first installation costs more money.

As far as returning the receivers, you can turn it off and they give you some time to return them. I'm not sure how returning a receiver works for Directv but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Order anything you need now that you're signing up as a new customer. I suggest you add an HD-DVR and an HD receivers, I believe they're still free when you sign up as a new customer. Adding a receiver after the first installation costs more money.

As far as returning the receivers, you can turn it off and they give you some time to return them. I'm not sure how returning a receiver works for Directv but I'm sure someone will chime in.
I do have 2 free HD receivers and free HD for life with the new install since I signed up under the old promotion. I guess I should sign up for the maximum limit on the receivers and go from there. Thanks

I do have 2 free HD receivers and free HD for life with the new install since I signed up under the old promotion. I guess I should sign up for the maximum limit on the receivers and go from there. Thanks

When you say 2 HD receivers, is one of them at least an HD-DVR receiver? Just make sure you get an HD-DVR receiver free because if you want to add it in the future it will cost you $199.

As soon as we get a call to turn off a receiver an recovery kit is sent out via fedex . (free a course ) you have 21 days after you got the box to return the receiver with out being charged a non return equipment fee , if you don't you will be charge ( charges depend on type of box ) If you are charged a NRF we will reverse said charge if we get the box back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)