new customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tnsportrac

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
i just signed up last night with D* thru CC, got a super deal on a tv package, i got the DIRECTV Service: Plus HD DVR™ package but forgot to ask about locals and HD locals. Looking at the package it does say locals included, im getting the HD Receiver and the
HD DVR Receiver. It also said that i would be using the 3 LNB oval dish.
will the dish be sufficient for the HD channels? i am kinda confused on the 3 LNB vs 5 LNB.

i am in East Tennessee if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance

What is your exact zip code? (needed to answer). With a PhaseIII dish you WILL NOT be getting HD LiL, but SD LiL with "maybe" DNS HD add-on. HD LiL requires the 5LNB dish (which is what SHOULD be installed anyway).

Since the 5 LNB dish is required for the new national HD channels, it should be installed. Call back and make sure this is on the order. I doubt that they still install Phase 3 dishes.

i called D*, they said it should be the 5 LNB, but they couldnt change the order since it was placed thru CC, but also said the installer will probably have the 5 on the truck, if he doesnt they would just reschedule the installation. i asked if i need to get CC to change the order, he said i could, but there was a chance they would change the installation date and i would be better of just keeping it like it is and hopefully the installer would have the correct dish.

I personally had found out that installers don't like to install a different dish then what is on the work order because they won't get paid for it even if its on the truck. I had an installer come out and for some reason my order had a 3 LNB dish. No matter how hard I tried to get the 5 LNB dish he woudln't give it to me even with having HD equipment. He made me call DirecTV's install department and get a new work order number for the 5 LNB dish. He told me otherwise he woudn't get paid. I don't know if thats ture or if the guy was just a dick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts