New Customers get what hddvr receiver model?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
I am a new direct tv customer and am getting installed on friday of next week. what hddvr model receiver will i be getting?

ok so knowing that, is there any way i can make sure i get the latest and greatest? anything i can say or request from directtv to make sure i have the best one? and btw, which receiver is the best one out right now?

Purchase one from best buy insures what model you get. Around here, hr-22's are stocked at the local bestbuy. But you would have to change your order and redo things.

Otherwise, like thetech2009 said, it's really a potluck scenario as what the tech has on his/her truck at any given moment.

It does depends on if its a contract DTV tech or if its a DTV tech. Contracts do get older models but they do get new ones.

Ive been a HSP before and we alway got the one less verison from the newest upgraded models.

now with DTV, i get every top model and every month i go in for inventory and i get swapped if they have a new reciever model.

just say do you have the newest model? if so what is it? and see what model he has... simple.

Last edited:
I got the HR22-100 during my install. What you could do is go to Amazon.com & order the HR23 from there.HIDEF Lifestyle has it for $183.99 on the Amazon website. I know installation is "free",but the only way to guarantee that you'll get what you want,is to buy it before hand,& "ask" the installer if it's ok to set up "your" receiver instead of their "pot luck" choice.

ok so knowing that, is there any way i can make sure i get the latest and greatest? anything i can say or request from directtv to make sure i have the best one? and btw, which receiver is the best one out right now?

Curious, What do you consider the greatest ?
Sometimes newer isn't better.
I prefer the old HR20's myself.

Curious, What do you consider the greatest ?
Sometimes newer isn't better.
I prefer the old HR20's myself.

Ya i still got the HR20 til today... my HR20 puked on me this morning bc i lost all HD channels and wont recieve signals but i had that for a good 2 years.

not all of them are gonna be like mine.. ive seen some last a long time, and some are bad right out of the box.

Ya i still got the HR20 til today... my HR20 puked on me this morning bc i lost all HD channels and wont recieve signals but i had that for a good 2 years.

not all of them are gonna be like mine.. ive seen some last a long time, and some are bad right out of the box.

Mine have been around since .... well one since '06 and the other since '07.

Gotta have my OTA tuner and don't want to have to ADD another device just to get what use to be all one.

Mine have been around since .... well one since '06 and the other since '07.

Gotta have my OTA tuner and don't want to have to ADD another device just to get what use to be all one.

you must be referring to HR20-700?

mines a HR20-100... (i was a HSP tech at the time i got this and this was NOT the latest that was out there but its what our contract employer had for us to use.)

you must be referring to HR20-700?

mines a HR20-100... (i was a HSP tech at the time i got this and this was NOT the latest that was out there but its what our contract employer had for us to use.)

Yes,
I like the -700 very well, if I ever need to have one replaced I hope to get another.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)