New D* HD DVR's (HR20) -vs- Tivo HR10-250 HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi everyone i am new here... I current have an r15 but am looking to go to either an hr10-250 or h20.... I have been doing lots of looking in different forums but I can seem to find a definite answer about wether or not the HR10's can receive local hd channels I know we have some available in my area when I search on the Dtv website for my zip code (47401)...thanks for any info

D* HD DVR's (HR20 vs. HR10-250 HD DVR

Hi everyone i am new here... I current have an r15 but am looking to go to either an hr10-250 or h20.... I have been doing lots of looking in different forums but I can seem to find a definite answer about wether or not the HR10's can receive local hd channels I know we have some available in my area when I search on the Dtv website for my zip code (47401)...thanks for any info

The HR10-250 will integrate any OTA digital signals that you can receive into its guide.

It will not get D*'s HD LILs from the satellite (they are MPEG 4).

Welcome to the site!

Despite the fact I really liked my HR10-250 IMHO it is not worth getting one now, with the move of DirecTV HD to MPEG-4 encoding and to the new 99 and 103 satellite slots. The HR10-250 will not receive any of the new HD programming, nor the DirecTV HD locals. And sometime fairly soon, probably before the end of 2008, the existing DirecTV HD channels will move to the new satellite slots and the ONLY HD the HR10-250 will receive will be the OTA HD channels thru an antenna. If all you want is to view and record SD and the local OTA digital channels, the HR10 will still work OK. But if you want DirecTV HD, it's absolutely the wrong way to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)