NEW D* HD Recievers coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AIA_SMALZ_11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Hello all,

Does anyone know if there will be any new DirecTv coming out anytime soon. I work for BestBuy and all we have are the Hughes HD-DVR and the Samsung HD Reciver. I would like to get the Hughes HD-DVR but its way out of my budget and i have heard too many problems being reported about the samsung. Anyone out there know if there anything coming out pretty soon that i should hold out for!?!?!?!? Or what do you guys recommend as a good HD reciever for a first time HD-DirecTv customer. :confused:

I believe both the Samsung TS-360 and the Hughes HTL-HD are out of production. The RCA DTC-210 is the only HDTV receiver currently in production. Directv is changing to Directv branded products their newest is the R-10 DVR which seems to be the same as the RCA DVR-80. Based on that the DTC-210 may become the Directv HDTV receiver. Seeing Directv has a "MAP" Minimum Advertised Price policy don't expect to see a lower price soon $299 will probably stay through the Xmas season.

You can always call and see what deal you can get with Directv directly.

I bought the Samsung a couple of weeks ago and activated it on the same day when they had the new upgrade to fix a lot of the problems. If you look at different forums there are hardly any posts concerning this model compared to the week before I purchased the unit. I have had it for over 2 weeks now without a single problem.

CC in my area also had the older Hughes (Directv) model HD receiver which a lot of people seem to like except it does not have as many features as the Samsung.

With your employee discount I would try out one of the models at your store and return it if you didn't like it.

Look on toolkit for the DirecTV promo. That should help. F-Y-I the HD Tivo is on lockout.

i bought my samsung 360 in september, and never had any problems so far, even during two upgrades.

maybe hughes receiver is better but, i don't have any problems with my samsung.

I'm guessing that it means not eligible for employee discount. One would think that D*, like most high-touch CE/HT vendors, would offer a pretty sweet deal to the employees of the companies that sell its service ("heck yeah, this is a great unit. I have it myself, and the game last night was AWESOME" and all that).

Lockout just means not yet availible for employee discount. Typically 90 days on new products in the stores. Then when it is <G>

There are no employee deals to be had on the HR10-250. My Brother's Wife's Mom ... (Bueller) works for D* and I asked before I purchased it from VE.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts