New Date "39 HD Channels by 2/29/04"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
Looks like we have to wait until the 29th instead of the 2nd for all the HD channels Voom is promising us :(

This sucks!!!

1. We don't find out directly from them.
2. It does not give us enough time to fully evaluate the whole package.

This will drive a lot of people away, including me. :(

Hopefully Jeff Yapp will come up with the real deal. I think that the majority of Voom consumers will be reasonable if given the straight skinny. Finding out about a delay on a website in direct opposition to what was said unambiguously at CES two weeks ago is not the straight skinny.

I would still assert 1 Feb 04 is the date, and as a vocal Voom supporter, admidst the startup issues and changing marketing ploys etc., it is giving me pause that the date may not be met w/o official word on whats going on. Finding out after the fact is not a way to inspire brand loyalty.

Tim

Sean Mota said:
This will drive a lot of people away, including me.

I know this is disappointing, but since we have until March 31 to cancel, why would this drive people away?

compson said:
I know this is disappointing, but since we have until March 31 to cancel, why would this drive people away?

Actually free programming is until 2/29/04. The 3/31/04 is the extended money back guaranteed. After 2/29/04, if you want to stay with VOOM, you will need to start paying a premium (whatever package you decide).

Most people were looking at the 2/1/04 date as having a month to evaluate the whole package until 2/29/04. Now if the channels do not start appearing soon and it is evident that they will only come a week before 2/29/04, some might not like this.

Anyway, as Tim has said it would have been much better if VOOM has come publicly and said our business plan has changed and we are making the following changes but that was not the case. They tried to do it in a hidden way (believing that we were never going to hear about it). This is what's driving people mad. The deception of trying to hide your business plan when we all knew that it will be hard to keep secrets of this magnitude in the internet. Whether intentional or not, it was a big mistake!

Anyone who has had Cablevision for cable is not suprised in the least. This is the type of crap they pull all the time. Remember you are dealing with a cable company here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)