new direct customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hrtland2

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Hi guys.I have subscribed to dish for years,but the latest fiasco was enough to convince me to switch.I just finished ordering online and the earliest install date shown was 10-23.Any ideas for a way to find a quicker install? Thanks.

See if you can find a local installer. My install is scheduled for the 14th but that's better than it would have been without the local.

I ordered a new install online on 9/23/10

The earliest I could get the install set up for is 10/12/10

Business must be good

Hi guys.I have subscribed to dish for years,but the latest fiasco was enough to convince me to switch.I just finished ordering online and the earliest install date shown was 10-23.Any ideas for a way to find a quicker install? Thanks.

Buy a dish and get the receivers and install it all yourself.

Buy a dish and get the receivers and install it all yourself.

My LNBs are pointed at 110, 119 and 61.5 for Charlie, how much of a change would it be if I did the install myself for D? I would need new receivers and a new switch, anything else?

Call for quicker times. I called on a Sunday afternoon and had installers here Tuesday morning (install was one week ago). I'm in the Charlotte, NC region; install may vary by region.

My LNBs are pointed at 110, 119 and 61.5 for Charlie, how much of a change would it be if I did the install myself for D? I would need new receivers and a new switch, anything else?

What you have from dish will not do you any good.

Will take a totally different dish, mount, and receivers. I would not try to do it yourself.

What you have from dish will not do you any good.

Will take a totally different dish, mount, and receivers. I would not try to do it yourself.

But i would like to learn how to do it. We are not talking rocket silence here, are we? At lease not on this end! :D:D:D

But i would like to learn how to do it. We are not talking rocket silence here, are we? At lease not on this end! :D:D:D

It's definitely not rocket science, but aligning a dish can be tricky. If you are patient and have a plumb mast, you should be able to do it.

After your order is setup you can check on directv.com occassionally and see if any earlier time slots opened up (like if someone cancelled an appointment).

I am sure with Dish losing 19 RSNs and some Fox channels that Directv is seeing some boosts in new orders.

I suppose it just depends on where you live. Here I called a local company today and they are coming to do the install in the AM.

I suppose it just depends on where you live. Here I called a local company today and they are coming to do the install in the AM.

I agree. I ordered online on a Wed. and they came the next day to install. I got 2 H24s and a HR-24 plus a R22. So no shortage of 24 receivers and no shortage of installers either in the Bay Area. This was back in July though. :)

Yeah Direct Rocks! Welcome to the Dark Side you will enjoy Direct it's been great so far. :)

Welcome to Directv. :)
If you have any questions once you're set up let us know. We're here to help

Thanks. The install went great, had an independant contractor that came and worked it he took his time and did everything well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts