Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DaveZatz of ZatzNotFunny.COM is reporting that we could see the new DIRECTIVO finally released on 9/25.

Its about 4 years too late in my book.

yep too late. once upon a time i would've liked to have one. not anymore.......

ckhalil18 said:
Too little too late Tivo. Although at this point, just bringing it out to market would considered be an accomplishment for them.

TiVo was never the delay source, it was D*

TiVo was never the delay source, it was D*

Either way it's still too late because practically nobody wants it now.

how do you figure??

This is the way I see it....
D* probably was the one delaying it till they felt the HR24's had saturated the market and the MRV is up and working, now the TIVO comes along and theres not as much demand for it.

What I'm surprised about is that when D* bought Replay that they didn't implement something with thier technology into thier recvrs.

I always hear people loosing recordings, shows not recording, channel line-up gets screwed up. TiVo has been around like 10 years and still hear these problems. No Thanks.

This is the way I see it....
D* probably was the one delaying it till they felt the HR24's had saturated the market and the MRV is up and working, now the TIVO comes along and theres not as much demand for it.

What I'm surprised about is that when D* bought Replay that they didn't implement something with thier technology into thier recvrs.
They did... MRV ;) although Replays was much better as you could use a pc as a virtual receiver and store and access programming on it...

They did... MRV ;) although Replays was much better as you could use a pc as a virtual receiver and store and access programming on it...

So your saying the MRV is based on the Replay stuff ?

I never had a Reply, but know friends that have and they really liked them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)