New Directv 5lnb Dish in Canada please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shpeeler

Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Hello

I had the new 5 lnb directv dish installed in my home in Montreal. I can easilly get the old satelites (101,110,119) but the new sats (99 and 103) cant seem to get a signal.

I think I can catch one of the 99s (there seems to be two of each of the new sats to catch).

So basically my question is has anyone got "OK" for all the sats, includin gthe new ones, if so what signal percentage do you get because for the one I do have its 12%-13%.

Also anyone know how I can get it pointed properly in Canada as Directv wont come and do it. So I need a private installer with experience pointing a 5lnb dish.

Please help, thanks so much!

I'm not so sure that you will ever be able to pull decent signal strengths on the new sats in Canada or Mexico. Seeing as the Ka band is a much smaller footprint, you may have to look into other alternatives.

yea I hope not, I guess i need to find someone in Canada who has signals so I know its possible. Or find some private installers and see if any have been successful at it.

:welcome

You are not that far from the US but the beams are not really geared for the rural areas like upstate NY, Vermont and New Hampshire so I can see why it will be tough to get a few of them. The markets covered with the spaceways are lower in the adjoining states and not Vermont. But I think you should be getting something. That being said, you will need to fine tune it but I couldn't guarantee it will buy you anything. It will probably get better with D10 for national coverage but still might not work for local market channels on the spaceways.

So the D10 isnt beaming anything right now so even if its pointed correctly I wouldnt know and I have to wait until it is to see if im able to pull a signal or not, I dont care about locals and am only concerned about nationals.

D10 will not be in consumer operation to about mid-September. It was just launched and isnt even in this orbital spot. So you have to rely on Spaceways for any signal which in your case may not work so I would wait until September.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)