New DirecTV Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishpointer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Kansas
As of 4 p.m. today, I am no longer a Dish sub after 8 years with them. With the receiver increase and Disney dispute, I couldn't stand it any longer. I got in on the great deal D* had and got all set up with 2 HR24's and whole house DVR. I'm still trying to get use to the remote and channel listings but so far I like it. The DIRECTV2PC is cool also after getting past the activation loop. It's too bad Charlie had to get so greedy with the receiver fees as now I have 2 722 receivers that I will have to sell.
My first thoughts are that Direct is way ahead of dish with the whole house DVR as Dish is stuck in time thinking that because their receivers feed 2 tvs that any other receiver will cost you. Like everyone else has said, the HR24 receivers are awesome. Quick to respond and just as easy to use as any of Dish's receivers. If anyone else is in limbo about switching, I would say as long as you get an HR24, you won't miss anything from Dish! Except maybe the Charlie Chats!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)