Status
Please reply by conversation.

VettePilot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Garland, TX (Near Dallas)
Hello everyone,

I have searched this forum but was unable to find the answers I was looking for.

I want to purchase a DirecTV DVR for my Father but I have been reading that there is going to be a new DVR released by DirecTV (not a DirecTV Tivo) sometime in the future.

1) Is there a tentative release date for this new DVR?

2) Should I wait until the new DVR is released or just get him a Tivo based DVR now?

Thanks in advance :)

the new DVR isn't going to be ready until next year sometime. go ahead and get a Tivo, you'll be glad you did.

Go ahead and buy the DirecTivo. For $49 you can possibly go wrong! when the next DirecTV DVR comes, go ahead an upgrade it!

there will be Two dvr come from D* the Nds pvr (Sd) and the HMC (Hd) the nds pvr will come out in the next 1-4 months, HMC will out end of year or 1Q of 2006

the nds box will not be out in 1-4 months, more like 6-12 months. there wasn't even a working prototype ready at CES, there's no way they'd be ready for a launch in 6 months, much less a month from now.

No, I'm not. The NDS box wasn't even close to ready at CES. It will be quite a while before the NDS boxes are out. If they were coming soon (next 3-4 months) there'd be more info about them out there, like a release date, features, pricing, and they'd probably be getting ready to manufacture them. They JUST signed up Humax to manufacture them in the past month, so I doubt that Humax is ready to start pumping them out yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.