New DIRECTV H20 MPEG-2/4 on sale

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sateck01, please calm down. Attacking other members will not be tolerated here. You've been warned.

Can we please get back on topic!? This thread is about thr new MPEG 2/4 H20 STB's on presale for members@ ValueElectronics guys, not rants over the NFLST!:D

sateck01 said:
vurbano,

i dont see wisdom in buying the ST if you are only watching the home team. we may be spoiled in steeler country (games are ALWAYS sold out), because we can see every game they play every sunday. it was my impression that the ST was geared to the sub who wanted to pick and choose to watch 3-4 games that werent offered in his home market. correct me if i am wrong.

Many of us are not in a home market and still want to only watch one team. Im in Redskin country myself and they are the last thing I want to watch. LOL. ST still makes no sense for those wanting to watch only one team, home market or not. Its a shame. They could make just as much money or even more selling a 100 dollar a year "team" pass.

Have we had an answer yet on self installs and being able to purchase the dish? Would Robert sell me a dish? I know that I should get it for free with their install but how about just selling it to me?

It is really silly anyway if you are a current customer and have all the coax pulled an in place already. Makes no sense to me!

Some of us cannot "see" all of DirecTV's satellite locations from one spot on the house due to trees. In my case I currently have three 18" dishes located at different spots on the house to "see" each of the three main satellite locations (101, 110, 119-deg).

Does anyone know if DirecTV or a dish manufacturer will provide an "add-on" dish/combiner that would allow us to add the new satellites to existing dish setup? I'll be screwed if the only offering is one new dish for all 5 satellite locations. Fortunately I'm not in the first 12 HD local markets, so I have a bit of time.

Good news indeed! Did we ever get a definite answer on the multiswitch issue? Some said current triple lnb multiswitches were ok, others no..

CWS_kahuna said:
Great news Robert.

sateck01 said:
the same guys will pay 6 grand for a hd home theatre system and bitch about 49.00 for the sunday ticket in HD. that tells me one thing, you couldnt afford the tv and sure as hell cant afford to buy the programming .

It is not the fact of a $49.00 charge. It is the fact we paid $189.00 last year for everything and this year they originally wanted $319.00 and when everyone complained, they changed it to $268.00. Still overpriced for the few games that are played.

I don't care anyway. My Sunday Ticket is canceled and I ordered NHL Center Ice, now that the NHL issue is settled. I prefer hockey any day over football. The hockey package is a better value, I get my choice of around 1040 hockey games for around $149.00 vs only 208 games for $268.00. Plus I get games 7 nights a week vs 6 or 7 hours a week.

I don't want to overstate the obvious, but I'm one of many people that don't subscribe to Sunday Ticket and don't plan to. I'm also one of many people that wonder why every thread must include a rant about this perceived travesty.

I wasn't happy with DirecTV at one point. I tried Voom. They couldn't handle basic accounting. I went back to DirecTV. I also like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. What does this all have in common? None of it matches the topic...much like the rants about NFL ST.

Thanks Robert for keeping us informed, even if we seem not to notice. The relatively silent majority appreciates the effort.

thanks robert.is there a ota tuner available with the 5th generation ATSC chip set.im using the voom box right now, but read something somewhere about this new gen tuners coming out.it sounds like a real step up in reception capabilities, and i need that badly.

agregjones said:
I don't want to overstate the obvious, but I'm one of many people that don't subscribe to Sunday Ticket and don't plan to. I'm also one of many people that wonder why every thread must include a rant about this perceived travesty.

I wasn't happy with DirecTV at one point. I tried Voom. They couldn't handle basic accounting. I went back to DirecTV. I also like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. What does this all have in common? None of it matches the topic...much like the rants about NFL ST.

Thanks Robert for keeping us informed, even if we seem not to notice. The relatively silent majority appreciates the effort.

How about this constant rant that show up in just about every MPEG-4 discussion:

"My Hd Tivo, My precious HD Tivo...

"Im outta here if they dont blah blah blah in reagards to my HD Tivo"..

Just about every MPEG-4 thread in the last 6 months has been highjacked by these rants...

I guess if it keeps coming up in many discussions, as a rant, there may be some merit to it. I was only trying to make a point that with many people it is a principle issue more than a money issue, making people feel like they have been taken advantage of, because they are football fans.

Yes Robert, I too thank you for all your information and advice, sorry I got off subject. I am also a very happy D* subscriber, except for that issue.

I have a real question about the topic. So if you do get this new receiver then what do you have to do to make it work? Do you have to call DirecTV and tell them or do you just pop out the card that is in your old receiver and pop it into the new one?

robrient@kc.rr.com said:
I have a real question about the topic. So if you do get this new receiver then what do you have to do to make it work? Do you have to call DirecTV and tell them or do you just pop out the card that is in your old receiver and pop it into the new one?

It will come with a new card, and you would have to call Directv and give them both the receiver SN and card ID. The card is married to the receiver.

I'm with the guy on the previous page who needs to use multiple dishes to get the content. My oval dish is already precariously placed, and I know 99 and 103 would be unreachable where it is. If there's no way to use multiple dishes, I am screwed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)