New DIRECTV H20 MPEG-2/4 on sale

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV TiVo Dealer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Scarsdale, NY
I just put the DIRECTV next generation HD receiver on sale on our private forum page. This receiver features the long awaited MPEG-2/4 satellite decoder and the 5th generation ATSC chip set to ensure the best HD reception and increased HD programming for many many years.

No deposit is required and you will be the first to receive this new HD receiver and technology.

-Robert

Is this what Directv will be swapping out our current HD boxes with?

I don't see the H20 anywhere. I would love to see what it looks like or what it will look like.

One down form the R15. The H20 physically looks just like the H10. The remote looks like the the D10 with a HD format button added.

-Robert

shappyss, No manual yet.

satjay, Yes for additional HD MPEG-4 programming, but no for interactive services and the new NFL "Super Fan" features.

-Robert

Plywodstatebum said:
I think I'll wait and see if they fixed all the problems that the H-10 has.

I asked the same questions and DIRECTV assures me that these new H20's are flawless. We will see, the proof is in the pudding.

-Robert

Because that's only a rumor? ;) And because if you buy it instead of letting D* upgrade you, you can Ebay the old one?

vurbano said:
Umm. Why pay 200 bucks for this thing when D* is supposed to upgrade us for free?

Some people may not have an HD receiver yet or may want to add another one.

DIRECTV will upgrade any existing DIRECTV HD receiver you have and your dish. This offer would be good only if you fit one of the following:

1. Don't want to wait for DIRECTV to upgrade you and you will still get any HD receivers upgraded later once DIRECTV gets to you.

2. You need another HD receiver for a second or third HDTV.

3. You are a new subscriber.

-Robert

hmmmmm

Are the new dishes out too? Or can I simply use what I have (triple LNB) with this new receiver until the switch over to mpeg4 is made? I'm in the Chicago market, so I assume I'll be one of the first to go?

Robert, do you have any info yet on the new dish? I was talking to a buddy yesterday, who is a lead tech for Halstead. He was telling me that the new setup will need two dishes. This guy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm just wondering if he's right about this. Thanks........Rich

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts