Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
New DIRECTV HD Exclusives

Note these channels are mapped to the same number as the SD channels unless there is no SD channel.
BiographyHD Channel 266 So far upconverted only.
biohdaf8.jpg

BravoHD Channel 273 So far upconverted only.
bravohdxh3.jpg

CMTHD Channel 327 So far upconverted only.
cmthdlo1.jpg

FXHD Channel 248 A Mix of HD and Upconverts

MGMHD Channel 255

mgmhdyk7.jpg

MTVHD Channel 331 So far upconverted only.
mtvhdcv6.jpg

SciFiHD Channel 244 A mix of upconverts and HD
scifihd1pw3.jpg

Smithsonian HD Channel 267
smithsonianhdqa7.jpg

SpikeHD Channel 325 A Mix of upcoverts and HD
spikehdih2.jpg

ToonHD Channel 296 So far upconverted only.
toonhdxc2.jpg

USAHD Channel 242 A mix of HD and upconverts.
usahdcc3.jpg

VH1HD Channel 335 So far upconverted only.
vh1hdyv1.jpg

I do think it depends on the program you are watching, and whether it was filmed in HD or not originally. Lyngsat must be wrong, their site lists all DirecTV satellites and which channels are on those satellites HD & SD.

HD - Spaceway 1 & DirecTV 10 at 102.8°W - LyngSat
HD - DirecTV 10 at 102.8°W - LyngSat (103)
HD - Spaceway 1 at 102.8°W - LyngSat (103)
HD - Spaceway 2 at 99.2°W - LyngSat (99)
HD - Anik F3 & EchoStar 7 & DirecTV 7S at 119.0°W - LyngSat
HD - DirecTV 5 & EchoStar 8/10 at 110.0°W - LyngSat
HD - AMC 4 & DirecTV 4S/8 at 101.0°W - LyngSat

also, I havent been home, but i am pretty sure i read that BIO had some HD sometime today. Could be wrong

I think the OP was giving you all another choice to check out what D* has for vs others. Don was just trying to give you all an idea at what you would be looking at if you chose D* for the exclusives. Right now it looks like D* is running at a 50 % ratio for adding upconverts vs channels that do air some sort of hd content.

I think the OP was giving you all another choice to check out what D* has for vs others. Don was just trying to give you all an idea at what you would be looking at if you chose D* for the exclusives. Right now it looks like D* is running at a 50 % ratio for adding upconverts vs channels that do air some sort of hd content.
Bingo! even the upconvert's PQ are leaps and bounds above the SD counterparts...

And even if they are very few and far between on some of the new HD channel additions; they likely still show at least one (or some) actual HD content and without these additions you would never see them and thus why DirecTV added them. DirecTV has no control over the channel content and the frequency of actual HD airings and no one should allude that they do.

And even if they are very few and far between on some of the new HD channel additions; they likely still show at least one (or some) actual HD content and without these additions you would never see them and thus why DirecTV added them. DirecTV has no control over the channel content and the frequency of actual HD airings and no one should allude that they do.
Thats right, I put up a fair and honest assesment of the channels... (for those who do not know, I have been a Directv sub with no breaks in service, since 96... Dishnet since 01... )These channels have promise, just as Espn gradually added HD, so will these.

Thanks for the info Don; only haters come into threads like this and try to create controversy where none exists or to throw out some negative spin on DirecTV over something they do not control. Your efforts are appreciated here.

Thanks for the info Don; only haters come into threads like this and try to create controversy where none exists or to throw out some negative spin on DirecTV over something they do not control. Your efforts are appreciated here.
wow, who did that:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)