New Directv Prices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called too and they told me my Total Choice Plus was just getting a name change to Choice Xtra Classic. Nothing would change as far as my programming and it would be $68.99/mo.

They also told me if I have Whole Home DVR, DVR, and HD it would be a flat rate of $20 for all 3 as a package deal. No more individual billing for each is the way he made it sound unless you didn't have all 3 services.

Close to firing TWC & hire DTV,,,But, after reading this thread, I'm not sure I'll pick the correct/best package deal and equipment.

I'm a believer of the "KISS" formula, it seems as though this would be a nightmare to get right...

calling retention every 6 months is your way to go. royalty means pennies to directv, they only look at ARPU... switch agents if 1st try doesn't work. :popcorn

If you notice Choice Xtra Classic and the new Choice Xtra you are losing 5 channels classic had 210 channels the new package says 205. if you go thru the list you will see you lose the tennis ch, chiller, cloo, boom, golf ch. thats the ones i hae figured out plus they have added the baby channel which is useless to me.

If you notice Choice Xtra Classic and the new Choice Xtra you are losing 5 channels classic had 210 channels the new package says 205. if you go thru the list you will see you lose the tennis ch, chiller, cloo, boom, golf ch. thats the ones i hae figured out plus they have added the baby channel which is useless to me.

As mentioned previously, IF you had the OLD Total Choice +, you will KEEP those channels.

Edit:
Except for CLOO for some reason ...

Why they think CLOO is needing to be in a higher package is beyond me, not like it's a "Special" channel that everyone wants.

I'm not gonna upgrade another 3-5 dollars just for that channel.

As mentioned previously, IF you had the OLD Total Choice +, you will KEEP those channels.

Edit:
Except for CLOO for some reason ...

Why they think CLOO is needing to be in a higher package is beyond me, not like it's a "Special" channel that everyone wants.

I'm not gonna upgrade another 3-5 dollars just for that channel.

figures that they would remove one of the few channels outside sports that i watch regularly. i'm not paying 10 bucks a month extra for one channel.

not that I'm complaining but my D* bill didnt show the increase :)

02/18 - 03/17 CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC 65.99
Monthly
02/08 - 05/07 DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 0.00
3 Months Free
02/18 - 03/17 Advanced Receiver-HD 10.00
Monthly
02/18 - 03/17 Advanced Receiver-DVR 7.00
Monthly

Alright, I don't have the official copy of my bill yet, but my account has an interesting item of concern. Somehow, D* went up on my programming even though I'm supposed to be locked in for 2 years at my initial sub price (signed up Nov 2010). Perhaps something didn't get set on my account to avoid the automatic increase? Any thoughts from the more experienced folks on how I should address with D* customer service? I expected the $1 a month increase for the "Advanced DVR" but not the additional $5 monthly for the programming increase (Premier).

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Alright, I don't have the official copy of my bill yet, but my account has an interesting item of concern. Somehow, D* went up on my programming even though I'm supposed to be locked in for 2 years at my initial sub price (signed up Nov 2010). Perhaps something didn't get set on my account to avoid the automatic increase? Any thoughts from the more experienced folks on how I should address with D* customer service? I expected the $1 a month increase for the "Advanced DVR" but not the additional $5 monthly for the programming increase (Premier).

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Why do you think your price is locked in for 2 years? It's usually only a 1 year promo when you sign up or they may stretch it a couple months depending on when you sign up....like Nov 2010 you might be locked in until Jan 2012...13 months.

Why do you think your price is locked in for 2 years? It's usually only a 1 year promo when you sign up or they may stretch it a couple months depending on when you sign up....like Nov 2010 you might be locked in until Jan 2012...13 months.

It was a promo when I signed up with Costco. They had a 2 year lock on rates as part of their deal along with a $180 Costco gift card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts