No more loyal service calls

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OSD771

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Pokey
Heads up, probably won't affect most people here, but DTV no longer does loyal customer free service calls.

Doesn't sound like most people here need service calls, but in case you do, add the protection plan.

I'm sure they CSR will still have some ability here. They will not lose a customer of several years just because their dish is out of alignment. A $50 service call is easily offset with 6 months of $10 credits, etc. Directv does almost everything account-specific, doubt that will change, then they would be Dish.

The protection plan is not worth the price. We havw been with Directv for 15 years at 5.00 a mounth that would be $900.00 wasted on the protection plan. We have never needed a service call and if we ever do I will be happy to pay for it.

For sure they can add credits, but as far as just crediting the service call, it's no longer possible.
And I'm sure customer retention can do it still, but as a regular tech agent, free service calls are a thing of the past.

ClemSole said:
The protection plan is not worth the price. We havw been with Directv for 15 years at 5.00 a mounth that would be $900.00 wasted on the protection plan. We have never needed a service call and if we ever do I will be happy to pay for it.

Speaking as an actuary who has priced warranties and various insurance products, they are generally not a good value to a customer unless the potential loss would create a financial hardship. I find it comical how many people will significantly overpay for protection on a low cost low risk item they could easily replace in the case of failure.

Never had a problem with my dish or receivers, only had an extra line put for my HD Dvr for downstairs, they didn't charge cause I have the Protection Plan. I have no issue paying an extra 6 a month for protection, feel secured.

Yeah, but generally the people who need a one time loyality service call can still be taken care of. You just loose your ability to auto credit for it. For most loyal customers they have a number of you know whats, that you could easily do a One time credit under 180 ( my rio credit code number may be off dont hold me to it ) for the 50 dollars. Obviously also accounting for any other outstanding credits based on the current guidelines are for credits set forth in what ever they renamed rover to. Personally I still like doris but that is my opinion.

I can confirm this is true based on my sources . Yes it sucks and yes they will not be winning any JD Power awards with this type of attitude.

Yeah but it was a great loyality builder . Most people have very few problems with there equipment or dish, I cant tell you how many times I had a elderly couple call in been with us for years and I be able to give them a free truck roll because they hadnt asked anything of us. It built loyality to the brand and they loved talking to there friends about how directv sent someone out to fix there problems because they were a loyal customer.

I think it wrong but I never got to call the shots even as a supervisor.

Oh yeah, I loved giving people free service calls, I dread coming to the end of troubleshooting and having to send out a truck roll because people get pissed when they have to pay for something "that they didn't break"

As a new customer, if I have an issue with my system and do not have the protection plan and they send a tech to fix it, would I be charged for just the service call or the service call plus any equipment that has to be replaced?

As a new customer you have a 3 month "warranty" period.

Anytime equipment needs replacing you never pay for the equipment. If its a replacement by tech he just swaps it out. If we ship you out a replacement it could cost 19.95 for FedEx 2 day shipping.

If you have a service call, there is a three month warranty after that service call.

Any other questions let me know.

stonecold said:
Did DTV take a way the sign up for pro plan for a year and we will waive the 49.95 promotion as well?

Not to my knowledge. I'm still getting customers that say they waived the 49.99 because Directv signed them up for the plan

To my knowledge you don't have to have the protection plan for a year, but you must have it the month of the service call and the month after.
If you cancel the Protection plan before the year is up its a 10 cancellation fee.

I can double check that though.

Sorry I think I misread that post. If you do sign up for he protection plan it takes effect immediately and yes it does cover a service call 49.95 charge right away

Status
Please reply by conversation.