New Directv Prices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
According to the "Other Satellite talk Website" these will be the new prices for February 2012.

General Info

New prices start Feb 9, 2012. See Package/Pricing List for details.
Existing customers see new prices on their Bill Cycle Day on/after Feb 9, 2012.
Customer notification begins Dec 26, 2011.

Customer Notification

New pricing begins on the customer's Bill Cycle Day on/after Feb 9, 2012.
All customers get new pricing notification 30 days before their prices change, by one of the following methods:
Notice inserted in their January/February bill
Mailer sent by regular mail
E-mail that links customers to an online notification. (E-mail is sent only if we have a valid e-mail on file.)

Package/Pricing

Base Package Former Price Price on/after Feb 9, 2012

Basic Choice
(International) $12.99, no locals $12.99 $14.99, no locals $14.99

Choice $60.99 will now be $63.99

Choice Xtra
(this is a new package) N/A $68.99
(New package effective Feb 9, 2012)
Note: Package details will be available closer to Feb 9, 2012.

Choice Xtra Classic
Expired $65.99 will now be $68.99
Expired Package effective Feb 9, 2012.
Name changes from "Choice Xtra" to "Choice Xtra Classic" effective Feb 9, 2012.

Choice Ultimate
$70.99 will now be $74.99

Entertainment
(New package effective Feb 9, 2012.)
Package details will be available closer to Feb 9, 2012. $54.99

Family
$29.99 (no change)

Jadeworld
$39.99 (no change)

Lo Máximo
$114.99 will now be $119.99

Más Latino
$34.99 (no change)

Más Ultra
$59.99 will now be $62.99

Optimo Más
$44.99 will now be $46.99

Preferred Choice
$39.99, no locals $39.99 $41.99, no locals $41.99

Premier
$114.99 will now be $119.99

Select
Expired
(Expired Package effective Feb 9, 2012) $44.99 (no change)

Select Classic
(retention) $39.99 will now be $41.99
(Customers with a Select Classic base package see a $2 price adjustment.)

No change to Premium Service pricing. (Starz Super Pack, Showtime, Sports Pack, HBO, and Cinemax

Other Services Former Price Price on/after Feb 9, 2012

Américas Plus
$7.99 (no change)

DVR Service
(Effective Feb 9, 2012, the name changes from "DVR Service" to "Advanced Receiver-DVR." See Advanced Receiver Services (ARS), below, for more if needed.)
$7 will now be $8

En Español $14.99 (no change)

HD Access
(Effective Feb 9, 2012, the name changes from "HD Access" to "Advanced Receiver-HD." See Advanced Receiver Services (ARS), below, for more if needed.)
$10 (no change)

Lease/Mirroring Fees
Effective Feb 9, 2012, the names change to:Additional TV
Formerly "Additional Receiver," "Mirroring Fee-Household," and "Leased Receiver_Additional."
Primary TV
Formerly "Primary Leased Receiver."
Primary TV Free
Formerly "Lease Fee Free Receiver." $6 (no change)

México Plus
$7.99 (no change)

Total Choice Mobile
(KVH Mobile) Vehicle only:
$60.99, no locals $57.99

Whole-Home DVR Service
(The name stays the same for existing customers. Customers with an account created on/after Feb 9, 2012 may have a different service. See Advanced Receiver Services (ARS), below, for more if needed.)

Advanced Receiver Services (ARS)

Applys only to accounts created prior to Feb 9th 2012
Service name prior to Feb 9, 2012 Service name on/after Feb 9, 2012

DVR Service Advanced Receiver-DVR (ARS-DVR)
$8/month
Account handling remains unchanged.

HD Access Advanced Receiver-HD (ARS-HD)
$10/month
Account handling remains unchanged.

Whole-Home DVR Service Whole-Home DVR Service
$3/month
The service name and account handling remains unchanged

Applys only to accounts created on/after to Feb 9th 2012

Service name prior to Feb 9, 2012 Service name on/after Feb 9, 2012

DVR Service Advanced Receiver-DVR (ARS-DVR)
$8/month
Note:Accounts with HD-DVR, Home Media Center (HMC), or TiVo HD-DVR receivers get the combined "Advanced Receiver (ARS)" service, below.
Accounts with standard definition DVR (only) and HD (only) receivers get billed separately for each service, ARS-DVR ($8) and ARS-HD ($10).

HD Access Advanced Receiver-HD (ARS-HD)
$10/month
Note:Accounts with HD-DVR, Home Media Center (HMC), or TiVo HD-DVR receivers get the combined "Advanced Receiver (ARS)" service, below.
Accounts with standard definition DVR (only) and HD (only) receivers get billed separately for each service, ARS-DVR ($8) and ARS-HD ($10).

Each service was billed separately:

DVR Service
HD Access
Whole-Home (if applicable)
Advanced Receiver (ARS)
$20/month
Combines the DVR, HD, and Whole-Home services into one service.
Applies to accounts created on/after Feb 9, 2012 only.
Applies to customers who order the following receivers:
HD-DVR
Home Media Center (HMC)
TiVo HD-DVR

Notes:The Advanced Receiver (ARS) service is added even if the customer doesn't have a whole-home solution. If they upgrade to a whole-home solution in the future, the ARS service remains at only $20/month.
TiVo HD-DVR receivers: Whole-Home functionality is not available with TiVo HD-DVR receivers.
The Advanced Receiver (ARS) service is not applied to accounts create prior to Feb 9, 2012 who upgrade to an HD-DVR, HMC, or TiVo HD-DVR receiver. See the info for "Accounts created prior to Feb 9, 2012."

Last edited:
I have two HR series dvr, but no whole home service. Does this mean they are going to charge me for the whs whether or not I activate it?

raoul5788 said:
I have two HR series dvr, but no whole home service. Does this mean they are going to charge me for the whs whether or not I activate it?

Good question raoul, hope that is not the case, if I am reading right, would be a bit of a jump in price? And that 10 dollar HD credit we are getting, that basically gets added??
Sent from my iPad!!

I have Choice Extra now. So it's going to become Choice Extra Classic and there's a NEW package coming called Choice Extra? Boy.... THAT's not confusing. And they'll both be the same price but they'll be different somehow? Boy.... THAT's not confusing. And I'll get notified of price changes about 30 days in advance of the Feb 9th date, but the package details may not be available until closer to that time it all gets implemented? Boy.... THAT won't add to the confusion....

I think they're asking for a flood of calls to their call center unless they make an adjustment to their thinking before this all shakes out.

so when all said and done for me a $4 increase
$3 programming
$1 DVR

although that Entertainment package I'd have to see what is in it ;)

I have Total Choice + at $64.49/month. They don't even list it anywhere.

so when all said and done for me a $4 increase
$3 programming
$1 DVR

although that Entertainment package I'd have to see what is in it ;)

That's what I think I'll see a $4.00 increase

$3.00 programming
$1.00 DVR

Some people at DBS say that the $10.00 HD Credit is going away. Accoring to D* website I get it as long as I stay I D* customer. (DIRECTV HD service is now FREE for new DIRECTV customers, for as long as you stay a DIRECTV customer.) I signed up back in August. If it does come back then I'll see a $14.00 increase.

Highly unlikely. I still have a year of the "24 month HD credit" that I'm getting. I know this summer is when the 1st batch of current customers on the 24 month HD credit will expire so I guess we'll see then

Now whats the difference between the Choice Xtra and the Choice Extra Classic ? Programming wise ?

Also, what if you still have Grandfathered packages, Total Choice + ($63., I think this current year.)

So other than the potential raise of the monthly package, they've also raised the DVR fee a buck.
Last year they raised the Addl. Recvr fee a buck.

Wonder whats next ....

As long as they don't go to a "per DVR" service fee, I'll be fine. Too many TVs to service and Dish / Cox would give me much higher bills just in the DVR /equipment fees. Sure wish that someday these hard-line negotiations that threaten to take down channels would produce a year without price increases.

Iceberg said:
Highly unlikely. I still have a year of the "24 month HD credit" that I'm getting. I know this summer is when the 1st batch of current customers on the 24 month HD credit will expire so I guess we'll see then

Mine doesn't say it's for 24 months. My credit is called HD Access Free HD Access w/Auto Bill Pay so is that different from yours?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

andrewj0781 said:
Mine doesn't say it's for 24 months. My credit is called HD Access Free HD Access w/Auto Bill Pay so is that different from yours?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Mine is the same as yours. I just became a customer in May.

New customers get free hd for life, existing customers for 24 months. For most of us "old timers" it runs out around June, depending upon when you signed up.

Last edited:
I would think direct would continue the credits HD for us old timers, but I guess we will have to wait and see

Sent from my iPad!!

sorry. the current customers who got it added it shows 24 months

11/18 HD Access -10.00
24 Months Free HD Access

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts