New Directv Prices

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's the line from my statement regarding HD Access credit:
HD Access Free HD Access w/Auto Bill Pay -10.00

I get the credit because of auto bill pay. There wasn't an expiration date on this when I signed up. Hopefully it stays as is.

Mines the same as yours, is there anywhere on the site (D*'s site) it tells you when it expires ?

Not on mine Jimbo. I just checked back to see when it started, June 2010 for me.

Iceberg said:
sorry. the current customers who got it added it shows 24 months

11/18 HD Access -10.00
24 Months Free HD Access

Oh ok. I didn't know they left current customers get it at all. I was on the E* forums then. I just signed up for D* in August and I never came to this side of then fence until I started research D* before making the move.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This just makes it that much easier to convince the wife to go full OTA with TiVo.

Oh ok. I didn't know they left current customers get it at all. I was on the E* forums then. I just signed up for D* in August and I never came to this side of then fence until I started research D* before making the move.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
we had to call and get it. Wasnt automatic

Dish = no price increase until 2013, Direct = $4+ price increase for most. Wonder how this will affect Dish and Direct's sub acquisitions.

Dish = no price increase until 2013, Direct = $4+ price increase for most. Wonder how this will affect Dish and Direct's sub acquisitions.

If you're gonna post it then post it right
DIsh...supposedly no price increase on programming
Directv is doing a $3 increase come February

They are doing a $1 increase on the DVR fee but not everyone has a DVR ;)
Thats why I posted Dish can always do a receiver increase or a DVR increase ;)

LOL! Remember two years ago when they raised the equipment price to about $10-$15 to cover for the next two years. In 2013, they will probably do the same.

Iceberg said:
Dish will probably raise their DVR fee too ;)

And without taking this thread elsewhere if you have more then one DVR (like two) even with this yearly price increase I am still thinking Dish costs more, but in the holiday spirit I will leave that alone :)

Sent from my iPad!!

I as well would like to see what makes up the "entertainment" package, wonder of this will be the no sports package??

so any chance they would let me out of my 24 month agreement? I don't recall anywhere that is said the rate was only good for the first 12 months and then they could up the price on me.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If you read the mice type, it says that prices and packaging are subject to change. Sorry!

so any chance they would let me out of my 24 month agreement? I don't recall anywhere that is said the rate was only good for the first 12 months and then they could up the price on me.

If you read the mice type, it says that prices and packaging are subject to change. Sorry!

Goes up a little bit every year, just like everything else.

Thanks for the welcome! It was good to find a place where there are people talking about this stuff.

And yeah that is what I figured. I just got done submitting a complaint to my State Attorney General about this. I'm hoping they at least do something like they did in Washington State. It's gotta be the one place in the world where they can sign you to a two year contract and then change how much you have to way after 12 months. I think the cell phone companies got destroyed on this awhile back, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for the welcome! It was good to find a place where there are people talking about this stuff.

And yeah that is what I figured. I just got done submitting a complaint to my State Attorney General about this. I'm hoping they at least do something like they did in Washington State. It's gotta be the one place in the world where they can sign you to a two year contract and then change how much you have to way after 12 months. I think the cell phone companies got destroyed on this awhile back, but I could be mistaken.

Good luck with your appeal.

The changing of prices has happened since day one, you signed a 2 year commitment when you signed up and the Subject to change has been there all along, most understand that.

Can you find a provider that doesn't raise thier prices yearly to keep up with changing prices ?
Kinda hard to do when the Networks change thier prices yearly as the contracts come up, new Sats are built and put into space to provide new channels and various other things that the company needs.

Nobody likes it, but it's pretty much a fact of life.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts