New directv swm 13 switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is no SL5 version of the new LNB. Seems pretty reasonable to say they are isolating 119 for Spanish programming.

When I first setup the SWM13 LNB I lost a couple locals that were on 119 for my market. About a month later they showed back up as they were added to the 103 satellite along with the rest of my locals (though still just in SD).

They've done that in other markets too, though I don't know if they have done all of them it is something they are working on. Some may be dependent on the new D14 satellite bandwidth.

Looks like another case fell off the truck. Hard to believe Directv (or the installation company) doesn't have stronger inventory control for things like LNBs and switches.

The splitters that are shown, are they able to be used outside ? Water proof ?

It looks like it's a major help for the installer, only needing one line from the LNB to a splitter ... still wish you could do it without another device that needs power. (PI)

I finally installed mine... been putting it off because I didn't want to deal with it, but when the wind knocked the dish out of alignment I figured I might as well go for it. The swap out was easy, the hard part was identifying the four cables and hooking up the right one inside. So far everything is great. I ran the line from the dish into a 1x8 green label splitter, but I'm going to have to swap that out for a 1x2 and then run those to 2 four way splitters. The 8 port won't fit into my wiring panel and let the lid close.

Wow, 13 tuners off one wire, which is an improvement off the SWM 16 which does 8 tuners on two wires (16 total).

I imagine the key to this product is a lower cost than the SWM16, which DirecTV seems very stingy with due to cost.

Perhaps if this lowest he cost of a complex install enough this could eventually pave the way to dual-genie setups.
I had a tech come out 2 weeks ago to replace my genie minis for H-25 boxes. They decided to upgrade my dish to the SWM 16 at no charge. I think I had 8 tuners before. Not sure why they felt the need to double that, but I'm glad they did now in case I want another DVR later on.

The minis don't have a tuner, the H25s do, so that would have added to your previous tuner count.

Since I installed my SWM13 I'm noticed one odd problem. Last night while watching CBS the picture would briefly drop out and I would get a 771 error, then it would return. We're talking split second drops here, just long enough for the picture to go black and return. I have an HR34 Genie and previously I have had the same "break up" symptoms on CBS that posters have discussed in another thread where the picture would remain, but the top would be garbled and the audio messed up. I wonder if the 771 is the new version of that given that the new SWM13 lnb operates digitally? So far I haven't seen these issues on any other channel, and all my transponders for my spot beams show solid signals in the high 90's.

No, the 771 reports the same problem as always, a loss of satellite signal. Do you see the same issue on more than one receiver? A cable problem from a splitter to a receiver is the most likely issue.

I call d today and their installers are not installing swm13 yet .

Except in a few trial markets, that's true. If you want a SWM13 LNB, you will have to buy it and install it yourself.

Since I installed my SWM13 I'm noticed one odd problem. Last night while watching CBS the picture would briefly drop out and I would get a 771 error, then it would return. We're talking split second drops here, just long enough for the picture to go black and return. I have an HR34 Genie and previously I have had the same "break up" symptoms on CBS that posters have discussed in another thread where the picture would remain, but the top would be garbled and the audio messed up. I wonder if the 771 is the new version of that given that the new SWM13 lnb operates digitally? So far I haven't seen these issues on any other channel, and all my transponders for my spot beams show solid signals in the high 90's.

Did you re-run satellite setup on each receiver after you did the LNB swap? Also try powering off EVERYTHING - receivers, power inserter, etc, then reboot from scratch, gives your LNB a reset so to speak.

Yes, and it only happens on ONE channel. I can sit here for hours and nothing goes wrong. If I switch to my local CBS it pops up occasionally. Other locals are fine. I checked every recording since then and only a few all from CBS have issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.