New directv swm 13 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a tech come out 2 weeks ago to replace my genie minis for H-25 boxes. They decided to upgrade my dish to the SWM 16 at no charge. I think I had 8 tuners before. Not sure why they felt the need to double that, but I'm glad they did now in case I want another DVR later on.
if you had 8 tuners before, adding two H25s will make you have 10 tuners, hence the need for a SWM16

I order a swim 13 from Ebay . Will a local installer know a enough about how installed to it.

It's no different than installing any other lnb.

If you already have a slimline dish, takes just a couple of minutes to remove the old LNB and replace it with the SWM13. Just be careful with the installation and you won't even need to realign the dish.

remember the SWM13 is a 3LNB. If you are replacing a 5lnb, you will lose the channels on 119. You will need to re-run satellite setup on each receiver to tell the receiver it is now connected to a DSWM13...

Won't it auto detect like with a standard swm lnb?

It autodetects that it is on SWM but it does not change the dish from the SWM 5LNB setting if that is what you had before

That's what I just said (a few posts earlier)....

I bought one these in November off eBay. Plug, play, forget. Think most my receivers saw it and auto-switched. Ran setup anyway to make sure and rebooted each box. It's been purring along without issues since. I only have eight "tuners" but this allows me a live feed to five addition rooms if I want to move receivers around.

I have a SWM13 with: HR44, HR20, HR21 that was all working "swimmingly", all MRV worked perfectly. I just replaced the HR20 with a new HR24 and it simply refuses to show a satellite option for 19-Slimline 3DS, it stops at 18. In my area the normal dish is 17-SL3 SWM. Tried resetting, tried unplugging. My other two receivers clearly show a 13 LNB multiswitch in the dish setup, but this unit just won't see it.

I'm having MRV issues (new units sees, but won't play from other units), and I'm not sure if this may be the cause of the problem.

Help?

Edited to add: pulled hair out all night, finally fixed with a forced firmware update...guess my "new" HR24 was sitting in the box for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.