New dish damage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Just received my new 6ft polarmount Fortec dish yesterday.i got ready to install it and noticed that all of my reflectors were damaged.They are all bent in the same spot in the right corner.I was so excited to get my project started but now i will have to send the dish back.It was poorly packaged.All the styrofoam was busted into pieces so the dish did not have a chance.They are all bent at the first hole in the corner on each reflector.What a way to ruin your weekend.I did not buy this dish from any of our find sponsors on this site.

Do you think the people that shipped it might have something to do with it?

justdave said:
Do you think the people that shipped it might have something to do with it?
It was packaged very poorly i think that was the start of the problems.All of the panels are bent in the same place.

wildboys said:
Just received my new 6ft polarmount Fortec dish yesterday.i got ready to install it and noticed that all of my reflectors were damaged.They are all bent in the same spot in the right corner.I was so excited to get my project started but now i will have to send the dish back.It was poorly packaged.All the styrofoam was busted into pieces so the dish did not have a chance.They are all bent at the first hole in the corner on each reflector.What a way to ruin your weekend.I did not buy this dish from any of our find sponsors on this site.
Here are some pictures of my dish.Look at the foam.It was in this shape in the package.

Attachments

• DSC_0083.JPG
    DSC_0083.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0087.JPG
    DSC_0087.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0092.JPG
    DSC_0092.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 168
It's living hell shipping dishes these days as the freighters play football with the packages.

Commercial dishes like Andrew are shipped in wooden crates to protect them and that's how all dishes should be shipped.

Plastic SMC dishes are very good as they don't need all protection and can be shipped in a cardboard box as they can nearly take any beat you throw at them.

That's why i prefer the plastic dishes, then you know it's perfect shape when you get it.

I am sorry but you probably have to report this damage, who is responsible i don't know but probably it is the freighter who dropped something on top of it, looks like some heavy impact....

What a BUMMER....

From your pictures it looks like maybe an auto body shop could straighten out those babies.. But, then again I could be all wrong too.. Depending on where the bends end up after the dish is together, I'd guess would make a big difference also..

Still, I'd want my money back or a new dish..

Just a thought, after all is said and done I'd think about offering a little for the dish.. Unless they want it shipped back...

Last edited:
I was just about to say that also, but the point is he paid for a new dish and he got a damaged one, it would be easy enough to "panel Beat" them back into shape the problem is the paint will crack and he will end up with a rusty dish in the near future!

A real tragedy! :(

PSB said:
I was just about to say that also, but the point is he paid for a new dish and he got a damaged one, it would be easy enough to "panel Beat" them back into shape the problem is the paint will crack and he will end up with a rusty dish in the near future!

last night i took out my rubber malot and stacked all six reflectors together and gentley tap the corner.I have attached a picture of my results.I think i am back in business.

Attachments

• DSC_0094.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 140
PSB said:

Very true, Pete...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts