New Dish hopper voice remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are all your buttons lighted equally? I just bought one (eBay but NIB) and the lighting does not seem uniform across all the buttons. For example on the "Recall" button the upper left of that button does not light up as well as the rest of that same button, and others do this too. I changed batteries but that didn't make any difference.

Overall it's not a big deal. I am still getting used to it but the Voice commands actually work pretty well. I am still playing with the sensitivity of the touchpad too.

Are all your buttons lighted equally? I just bought one (eBay but NIB) and the lighting does not seem uniform across all the buttons. For example on the "Recall" button the upper left of that button does not light up as well as the rest of that same button, and others do this too. I changed batteries but that didn't make any difference.

Overall it's not a big deal. I am still getting used to it but the Voice commands actually work pretty well. I am still playing with the sensitivity of the touchpad too.
All of my Voice 50.0 remote buttons lite up equally to me.

Reactions: gdarwin
Reactions: JSheridan
All of my Voice 50.0 remote buttons lite up equally to me.

Maybe mine is defective. They still light up good enough to see and I scored it for $15 off ebay so I can't complain :)

And where does one purchase this 50.0 Voice Activated Remote?

$29.99 direct from Dish. Or you can find it other places for more or less (like the links above or by checking ebay regularly).

I do not have a recall button in upper left on mine?? It is the home button and below it the back button.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I do not have a recall button in upper left on mine?? It is the home button and below it the back button.

He was saying the button itself wasn't lighting up equally, not that the button was in the upper left.

Thanks Bobby, just reread and you are correct. Actually, I didn't even realize had a recall button...Now I know!

There is a numeric button that lights up numbers within the touchpad. Arrow buttons are replaced by the touchpad itself. You can swipe or simply touch to the side of the pad to accomplish the same thing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
How does the touchpad work? Not having number buttons or arrow buttons seems awkward to me...

Works the way Bobby describes above. Using the touchpad to enter numbers accurately isn't always the easiest, but it works. I personally don't mind the 50 remote touchpad for navigation purposes, but I much prefer the discrete number keys on the 52 and other remotes for direct number entry.

I really, really tried to like the voice remote. It was cool, and I love cool new tech. Even ordered 3 (one for each system I have.)

But at the end of the day, I found that I really preferred the big old 40 remote. I just like having a discrete button for everything. I'm surprised at how much we use Closed Captioning when it is as simple as hitting the green button to turn it on and off (for things like "What did he just say?" - rewind - "I still can't understand what he said" - rewind, Green Button, "OOOOH! OK." Green Button.) Same for a single button to record, dedicated number keys, etc.

Every once in a while I try the voice remote and say, hey that's cool, but then I end up going back to the 40.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts