New Dish Prices, effective Jan 16

If you can get OTA reception, sure. I meant a satellite-delivered package for those who can't get reliable OTA reception, or for those who might want to open a second Dish account to get "moved" locals without losing the regional sports networks that they get in their core package on their primary account.
Well that breaks multiple Dish rules... so probably not.

A second Dish account used in the same home, and also “moving”. I’m not saying people don’t do it, nor that it doesn’t benefit Dish, however it is still in violation of Dish’s policy. Even though not what was written for, it falls under account stacking. One one account per address.

A second Dish account used in the same home, and also “moving”. I’m not saying people don’t do it, nor that it doesn’t benefit Dish, however it is still in violation of Dish’s policy. Even though not what was written for, it falls under account stacking. One one account per address.
I thought that was only one service address allowed per account, not the other way around.

That’s what it was designed for, but technically it is in violation of the service agreement to have 2 accounts at the same address. Probably easier to maintain that way, or prevent piracy. I honestly couldn’t tell you why.

Love me some fuel to get a hopper 3 and install for free along with promo price for the next year.. otherwise they can kiss my butt good bye.. 17year customer I'm sure they will bend over pretty good.
These price increases yet again so high year after year are getting out of control..no wonder they are losing subs to cord cutting.

I've been with Dish for 16-17 years and was able to get the install fee ($95) waiveds, but the $100 up front for the H3 could not get waived even with credit score in the 800+ range and at AT200.

I've been with Dish for 16-17 years and was able to get the install fee ($95) waiveds, but the $100 up front for the H3 could not get waived even with credit score in the 800+ range and at AT200.
If you want to push it, just schedule a cancellation about two weeks in advance and see if they will agree to waive the $95 fee. I bet they do. For goodness sake, you are signing a new 2-year contract!

Reactions: MikeD-C05

You might try a local full service retailer if you have a good one. We've been waiving the service charge and the $100 up front for good customers who aren't too far away. :)

If you want to push it, just schedule a cancellation about two weeks in advance and see if they will agree to waive the $95 fee. I bet they do. For goodness sake, you are signing a new 2-year contract!

He already indicated that they agreed to waive the $95 installation fee. He wasn't able to talk them out of the $100 fee for the Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)